The online racing simulator
Latest LFS Beater (Driving Game)....?
(74 posts, started )
OK, not really!

Just been sent this link and told to try it out, but stuck @ work, wondering if anyone had heard of this or tried it????

http://www.busdrivergame.com
ROFL. I have to download this when I get home. I may die laughing

I r t3h bus!

But "non-violent gameplay", so what happens if I climb the kerb to take out some old lady?
WOOT!!11!one!!11eleven!1!

I really really want this game...
There is something about driving buses that really appeals to my inner self...
Trouble is, there is a bit on the linked site that confuzzes my small brain...it says '...taking care not to upset or injure your passengers.' Where's the fun in that?? If that silly game stops me from doing things that upset my passengers, then I will just have to get my daily fix driving my REAL Volvo/Plaxton to Heathrow and back...at least THERE I can upset the bloody passengers!!

btw...has it got a 'Cycle Crusher' mode???
A bus sim is just arcade if it doesn't have those busy friday/saturday night shifts with drunks, teens pissing in the bus and older ladies cursing you to the lowest hell just for the fun of it!

Downloading!
Downloading!

If Mooney is better than me at this I will slit my ****ing wrists.
No cockpit view? phah............
Can't get my G25 to work, or the steering actually. (edit. works now)
Would be a fun game if done properly, the lack of cockpit really kills it though :P
#8 - Jakg
Quote from Bladerunner :WOOT!!11!one!!11eleven!1!

I really really want this game...
There is something about driving buses that really appeals to my inner self...
Trouble is, there is a bit on the linked site that confuzzes my small brain...it says '...taking care not to upset or injure your passengers.' Where's the fun in that?? If that silly game stops me from doing things that upset my passengers, then I will just have to get my daily fix driving my REAL Volvo/Plaxton to Heathrow and back...at least THERE I can upset the bloody passengers!!

btw...has it got a 'Cycle Crusher' mode???

dont you drive a bus IRL?
Quote from Jakg :dont you drive a bus IRL?

yep...and as for high scores, I wanted to post a screenshot of my 'finish' score, but the ingame screenie just took a piccie of the bus in the yard

Anyway, new score for second mission...

Yes, that IS a minus score...would be better but there were no cyclists to squash!!

+ blinkers
+ scaring passengers with sudden braking brings a wide smile on my face
+ you can drift the bus

- chase view. None of the real bus drivers I've seen use chase view.
- pushy basic setup with no tuning options
- only hotlapping, no multiplayer
- 1 hour limit
- bad brakes
- powerless engine. UF1 is a rocket compared to these. Just keeping the throttle floored gets the best results.

Bah.
Quote from Hyperactive :
.....None of the real bus drivers I've seen use chase view.

None of the ones _I_ know use _ANY_ view
Crappy, heavy and ugly game. We need a really heavy car to LFS, bus or a truck will do
I for one was actually looking forward to this game, I'm gonna download it now and try it out. The comments don't seem to be so great about it, seemed great when I first saw it a long time ago.
i want a bus in lfs. plus some cool new features...

like... you could wreck all the other, usual lfs cars driving around online.
then you could pick every racer up, earn money that way, pimp your vehicle to TEH coolest bus in town and... err... yea.

that game definitely has some potential
I've been following this game on truckpol, the full game has an interior and a few other extras that weren't in the demo the demo is just to entice buyers, I for one won't buy it, if it was more along the lines of 18 wheels of steel in terms of physics I'd go and get it but it's way to arcady for me
I crashed into every bus shelter, ran every red light and - on my first run when I couldn't figure out the controls - drove from one stop to the next in reverse, and I still got a positive score!
Would be nice to have a truck in LFS ... I guess the collision handling needs fixing first, lol

Quote from JamesK :Would be nice to have a truck in LFS ... I guess the collision handling needs fixing first, lol

Ahh another truck fan I see! I am proud to own that game and still play it frequently

The bus game was ok, graphics were surprisingly nice but it drive like poo
#19 - d6nn
damn what a nice game
Damn, you people are DoSsing their web site. I wanna download it too!

Edit: Oh Lord almighty this game is awesome!
The game runs like poo on my computer. I'd like it if I could play it better than this.
Rigs OF Rods Is a better game than that + plus its all free, because its in beta stage still..

Now they have boats in the latest version...

http://rigsofrods.blogspot.com/

They have a few forums and a download section for all the add-ons..

But its not a LFS beater sorry...
Quote from Madman_CZ :Ahh another truck fan I see! I am proud to own that game and still play it frequently

I don't have that game, but I did used to enjoy watching truck racing on the TV when it was on ... and I played 18 Wheeler on Dreamcast to death
Quote from Hyperactive :+ blinkers
+ scaring passengers with sudden braking brings a wide smile on my face
+ you can drift the bus

- chase view. None of the real bus drivers I've seen use chase view.
- pushy basic setup with no tuning options
- only hotlapping, no multiplayer
- 1 hour limit
- bad brakes
- powerless engine. UF1 is a rocket compared to these. Just keeping the throttle floored gets the best results.

Bah.

So this is a Bus_in_teh_city RACE game? Than its

LAAAAAAAAME

(74 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG