XRR/FZR endurance setups?
(10 posts, started )
#1 - pik_d
Does anyone have any good setups for the XRR or FZR for 30-50 laps around Blackwood GP? I don't know, maybe the tires aren't going to make it that long no matter what , but if it is possible I'd appreciate it.
With hard and fast driving, you will have a hard time making through past 30 laps as far as I know. You'd need at least 2 sets of R2s for that distance.
#3 - pik_d
I figured that may be the case. I've gotten comfortable with the FXR, and I know it can do 20 laps with ease, and probably do 15-30 more before the (right rear) tire goes.

So I suppose I'm looking for a 20-30 lapping XXR/FZR setup If anyone has one that's good and stable.
#4 - pik_d
Nothing? Still looking for an XRR endurance setup.
can't help you I'm afraid as I hate these cars

Try reducing negative camber a bit and increasing tyre pressures.

Also, if after a long run the fronts get too hot then try and dial in more oversteer to keep them cool. If the rears overheat then add some understeer instead.
As Gentlefoot says, start with camber and tyre pressure. A lot of hotlapping setups have a lot of camber (maybe 4 degrees). For the FZR, I have found about 2-2.5 to give even temperatures in most cases. And for tyre pressures (using R2s) I usually leave the fronts around 20psi, but need to put the rears up to 27psi to help them last. It'll be different for the other two due to the different weight distribution (keep the pressures more even front to rear). Generally I find R2 with more pressure to still be quicker than R3 with lower pressure, and this is what other people have told me they find as well. Just play with camber and pressure until you're not cooking the tyres and then go from there...
#7 - Davo
The jet setup off inferno is pretty darn good. Don;t be alamred if the tyres go a little orange as long as you're not sliuding excessively and they go into the red then you should be fine. I think R3s would last around 25-30 laps around there. A lot of the guys doing moe would know better though.
Like Davo say, I played with that setup 50laps League and it works very good. Go on R2 slicks, with agressive style, you must change tyres, but if you will drive little bit clean, tyres will make it
Here try my BLGP setup. T7R used this in MoE at the BLGP race. My best time with it is a low 1:06. Set i'm sure can go faster but i cant drive it that fast

I can't remember how many laps we were doing per stint but im sure it was near 40 laps or more.
Attached files
FZ50 GTR_BLGP-v4.set - 132 B - 1589 views
try this set, tyres look like theyre gonna die at around 15 laps but it'll easily do the distance your talking about
Attached files
FZ50 GTR_BL1 Endurance.set - 132 B - 1778 views

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG