The online racing simulator

Poll : What do you think?

Leave it alone
FZR
XRR
FXR
incorrect, you will all be using the car you signed up with
Ok and what will be the weight penalties? 0 40 80?
nothing will be changed.
Oval should definately be an interesting challenge, if not a change of pace.

After this Saturday's round, would you consider setting up a few (shorter) practice race events between the rounds, Ben?

Some official practice races could really break up the monotony of a month off while oval test and tuning.
I like the ambiguity of both admins being named Ben.

That sounds like a pretty good idea. Would probably also encourage more extensive pre-race testing for those teams that are on the slothful side.
Just to float an early season 2 idea: non-mandatory shorter weekly(?) test races between rounds. As you said, to encourage practicing/attendance, and *perhaps* attendance record could be used for something like a points tiebreaker.
I'd also like to float the idea of not having an oval race next season. I don't really feel that it fits the format of the series, though I appreciate the effort to draw in drivers other than the ones we'd normally get.
I agree with both of your points there. Maybe we could have 1 test race before each round at the halfway point of each month?
Quote from BenjiMC :nothing will be changed.

A very good finishing statement....

Stick to the rules and leave it at that...
I saw one person mention bumperdrafting.

If that`s allowed, I will certainly not participate.

I can tell you, if anybody touches my rear, I will brake 100%.
Bumperdraft is not racing

So can we be told - Is bumperdraft"cheating" allowed ?

BTW - I like the oval, but it is misplaced in this series. Fzr beats the Fxr with nearly a second in the hotlaps WR.

Left on the steering wheel, pedal to the metal, and even a noob could beat the fastest fxr.

But we Fxr drivers can have our own race, then I would look forward to this oval race, if bumpercheating is not allowed
73 votes ??
Can my cat also vote ??????????????

(If i had a cat )
Bumpdrafting is a big part of oval racing and I certainly don't think it will be banned for the oval round.

However, I personally would never bump draft with anyone I didn't know would be ok with it, and I would expect that no one else would either. I'll do it with teammates, or people I've had previous experience doing it with, but not with a stranger.

There's of course also the consideration that bumpdrafting = damage, probably for both cars, which probably means much time lost under green flag pitstops, etc. I wouldn't personally do it until after the last set of pitstops, but I won't vote to keep others from doing it if they so choose.
I would also support using oval round-only weight penalties to balance the cars in laptimes, btw.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I would also support using oval round-only weight penalties to balance the cars in laptimes, btw.

A weight-penalty for the FZR will not be necessary I think.
The FZR has to do more pitstops than the FXR or the XRR because of the bigger fuel-usage.

But in case of a penalty for the FZR the air-restrictor would be the better option on the oval imho.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Bumpdrafting is a big part of oval racing and I certainly don't think it will be banned for the oval round.

However, I personally would never bump draft with anyone I didn't know would be ok with it, and I would expect that no one else would either. I'll do it with teammates, or people I've had previous experience doing it with, but not with a stranger.

There's of course also the consideration that bumpdrafting = damage, probably for both cars, which probably means much time lost under green flag pitstops, etc. I wouldn't personally do it until after the last set of pitstops, but I won't vote to keep others from doing it if they so choose.

How can pushing another car, be allowed !?
It is allowed because it isn't hitting your opponent, it's is taging them and holding a close position, similar to a set of trains. Hence the reason DWB mentioned he would do it with teammates only or people he has previously done it with.

Regarding the handicaps. Prior to this season all teams knew that the oval round was on the calender and also when the global class balancing system was introduced and adjusted all teams had 2 chances to change their cars. So as i said there should not be any changes to the cars to balance them for this round as there has not been for any other round.
I dont like bumdrafting no matter what track and league it`s allowed in... So no dba cars for the Ky round..

Have a nice race..
is it possible to sing up for this oval round only? sounds like a good preparation for the kyoto 360 event.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I'd also like to float the idea of not having an oval race next season. I don't really feel that it fits the format of the series, though I appreciate the effort to draw in drivers other than the ones we'd normally get.

AGREED!!!!
Who came up with this STUPID idea anyway?
meh...

@fishfix, yes it is possible to enter for the oval round only. However it would be preffered if it was a signing for the remaining race also.
Quote from BenjiMC :meh...

@fishfix, yes it is possible to enter for the oval round only. However it would be preffered if it was a signing for the remaining race also.

Can my cat join ?

This is redicoulos, rediculus, rediculous - YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

My cat is good at "pushing things around" at the floor, if I had a cat

Fun aside.

I really love the oval. I will drive any car there - Even the Uf1000.
I also have participated in bumperraces, the xfg, several times. That was fun, very funny indeed.

But in serious races ??????

No thank you.

When you are done "pushing" - Call us, for some serious CLEAN racing
Come on now people. Yes it is an event on the oval. Gasp and shudder. If people can't deal with this, how can you deal with South City, or Fern Bay?

It is a challenge. It's different. There is quite a fight for points in the IGTC championship standings still to be decided. The oval round is part of that championship, and it has been so from the begining of the season.

For those not chosing to participate, that is fine! I hope to see you all at the final round, and best of luck!

For those who are, I'm sure this will be a new challenge for all of us. Good luck as well!
Quote from srdsprinter :Come on now people. Yes it is an event on the oval. Gasp and shudder. If people can't deal with this, how can you deal with South City, or Fern Bay?

It is a challenge. It's different. There is quite a fight for points in the IGTC championship standings still to be decided. The oval round is part of that championship, and it has been so from the begining of the season.

For those not chosing to participate, that is fine! I hope to see you all at the final round, and best of luck!

For those who are, I'm sure this will be a new challenge for all of us. Good luck as well!

I can guarantee, tha Team dba would participate, if it was "mano et mano" and not "teamo pushes teamo".

We on Team dba will not degrade racing, to push each other around on the tracks. Team dba will join every serious race there are, if we are "free to race" on the specified racing dates.

We want to race ! Not play around

EDIT :
Rihard owns Team dba, and I`m the team leader - Now you now :
I consider it as an example of your commitment to the league. "I dont like the combo so i wont race" is not a very good attitude to have to wards a serious league. You can race or not but i will take it onboard when Season two sign-ups open.

Edit: Watch any NASCAR race on the oval rounds you will see bump drafting is a very real part of racing.
Quote from BenjiMC :I consider it as an example of your commitment to the league. "I dont like the combo so i wont race" is not a very good attitude to have to wards a serious league. You can race or not but i will take it onboard when Season two sign-ups open.

It`s not serious to push each other around the track.
NEVER !

Man to man, and we will join the race. Team against team, pushing each other around the track, you race without us

It`s a free world, and we choose serious racing - OK !??

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG