The online racing simulator

Poll : What do you think?

Leave it alone
FZR
XRR
FXR
Ky Oval round
Well i have a little protest from a team running the FXR regarding this round, the problem being that they are in an FXR and it's WAY too slow

Now my reconing on this is because it CLEARLY states in the rules you will run the same car ALL season, i dont think any changes should be made. but a pole is best so here it is.

Should this round be changed to allow for all teams to use the XRR or FZR or FXR? or should it be left alone?
i say all GTR,s but hey im ont part of them
#3 - th84
Just make the other's drive with a passenger!
Quote from th84 :Just make the other's drive with a passenger!

What a good idea, add weight as a penalty otherwise it would be very un-fair.

I like this guy lol.
in fact the fxr is the slowest gtr on this track when it comes to a tracklength where all cars have to pit in.

i am not sure on the length of the race becuase i can't find the schedule but if it will be about 110 laps the XRR will be the fastest car because the FZR will have to pit in at least once and the xrr AND fxr don't have to pit in. so even a slower fzr will lose against a fast FXR.

if its short enough so nobody has to pit in, FZR wins allthough fast XRR can keep up if they draft well or bumpdraft.

the weight thing (with passengers) may be also a possibility, however i am not sure how much the influence is.

why not making something like what they do in the stcc. give them a point advantage that equals out the class in some sort.

one more aspect: at the beginning of the league it was clear that the fxr is slower on some and faster on other tracks. so if you chose that car you are aware of that fact. why equal it out now. some drivers might have taken the FZR because of the fact they will be ahead at least at the oval track...
Quote from Fischfix :in fact the fxr is the slowest gtr on this track when it comes to a tracklength where all cars have to pit in.

i am not sure on the length of the race becuase i can't find the schedule but if it will be about 110 laps the XRR will be the fastest car because the FZR will have to pit in at least once and the xrr AND fxr don't have to pit in. so even a slower fzr will lose against a fast FXR.

if its short enough so nobody has to pit in, FZR wins allthough fast XRR can keep up if they draft well or bumpdraft.

the weight thing (with passengers) may be also a possibility, however i am not sure how much the influence is.

why not making something like what they do in the stcc. give them a point advantage that equals out the class in some sort.

one more aspect: at the beginning of the league it was clear that the fxr is slower on some and faster on other tracks. so if you chose that car you are aware of that fact. why equal it out now. some drivers might have taken the FZR because of the fact they will be ahead at least at the oval track...

Agreed 101%.
I voted for FZR - we already have a majority of FZR drivers, so I don't see the point in choosing another car.

I wouldn't mind "leave it alone" option, but we all know that non-FZR driver already are doomed.. no matter what setup they come up with... but yeah, they should have know.. but then again.. oval racing? meh :P
I chose to leave it as is.

For those talking about adding a passenger, where are they going to sit?
This isnt a pole....this is war. lol joke
well the rules clearly state that you have to drive the same car you choose the first race for the whole duration of the season but whoever, i wouldn't complain if everyone could use a FZR on OVAL only it's more fair that way
I say use whatever car they want for the oval.
#12 - siLc
I voted for XRR, beacause everybody always race with FZR or FXR. XRR is fun too guys.
Quote from siLc :I voted for XRR, beacause everybody always race with FZR or FXR. XRR is fun too guys.

yeah, i love the XRR... but no one uses ;/
I think that tests should be done for lap times for each of the cars, then give time bonus/penalties accordingly to balance out the classes
yeh I think that would work....but id rather just all fzr!!!!!!
No, I do not want to be restricted to a different car than I chose. My understanding with the league was that you chose one of the 3 cars it wasn't restricted. Kinda takes away from the whole idea of GT racing too, only having one car.
I think it should be that you have a chouse to change. Not that you have to change.
Yes, I think that is a good compromise, let people choose a different car for this race if they want. If not they can stick with their original car.
Quote from Leifde :Yes, I think that is a good compromise, let people choose a different car for this race if they want. If not they can stick with their original car.

i think that'll be the choice for the round
nevermind.
Well, I think people should and probably have considered car choice before signing up. While we can discuss for ages if the FXR is easier and faster on some tracks, I think that we should stick to the rules.

After all, IRL you dont see teams all the suddan drive BMW's in the middle of a season, if they signed a contract and drive Toyota...
I'm guessing the new patch will be finalised by this round so, with the restrictor plate and weight penalties on patch W9 thats how i will adjust the cars on this event.
Quote from BenjiMC :I'm guessing the new patch will be finalised by this round so, with the restrictor plate and weight penalties on patch W9 thats how i will adjust the cars on this event.

We could just remove oval from the league and replace it?
Quote from Rooble :We could just remove oval from the league and replace it?

hmmm...
So we are all using the FZR for the oval race then correct?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG