The online racing simulator
Pit/Race Lap bug
(5 posts, started )
#1 - Venus
Pit/Race Lap bug
Hi,

Could you please fix the bug, where it resets the number of laps you've done, after you visit the pits and change your settings? Currently, if you pit to change setup, the lap counter resets back to 1, even if you don't nearly all of the race. When your the only one there, a 12 lap can turn into 50 if your adjusting ur setup each few laps. I just did a 12 lap race, and it actually took 19 laps to complete it because of two setup changes. This would never occur in real life. It should keep the laps you've allready done, regardless if you change something on your car. Also, in a multiplayer race; if you are leading, you also lose the lead for this; and you shouldn't; unless the 2nd place guy has gone past before you get back out.

Bit more accuracy to real racing please.

V
You have no idea how it is to race, do you?

You don't go to the garage in the middle of a race, change stuff on the setup, then reenter the race. In hugely long races, ie, Nascar races, you could go to the garage to repair the car and rejoin 50 laps down (this is in real life racing series). 50 laps down in Nascar could still gain you points in the championship in Nascar because someone could wreck or destroy their car with 60 laps left and you would then pass them up in the standings.

You just don't make setup changes during a race. You have pitroad where you can make minor changes (things like brake bias, tire change and pressure change, wing angle....) Even these things take time and you would probably not leave pitroad leading the race still. If you want a complete setup change that you have to go to the garage to do, then you forfeit the race by going to the garage.

If you do this, be sure never to reenter the track in front of the other racers. Like I said, if you go to the garage, you forfeit and leave the race, so you are no longer racing against all the other people. Enter the track behind everyone else and do some practice. Just don't get in anyone's way or ignore the big blue flag message staring at you in the middle of the screen.
#3 - Venus
Where the hell do you get off assuming I'm a noob. WHat an arrogant lil twerp you are...
#4 - Venus
The point is: that the laps should not restart, because you go to the garage. And if you'd ever raced in real life, you'd know that. What I do with my car has no bearing on the amount of laps I've done in real life, and shouldn't in LFS.

It is a bug. Why you go to the garage is irrelevant. Whether its for setup, or you r car was wrecked, by you or someone else. Are you soooo arrogant to assume that the only reason someone would go to the garage is because they are a hopeless noob, and trying to find a way to go faster?

You can change your setup, fix the car do what you like. Either way, it shouldn't change the laps done. Its a bug.

And as far as I'm concerend, thats the end of my discussion with a twerp like you.!

V
Well your not entirely correct. It's a feature rather than a bug. He also never called you a `noob`...

Anyway some racing series will not allow you to re-join a race after making changes to your car in the garage. Nor would the time taken to make these changes warrent going back out.

Cars don't magically teleport into their garages, if your `wrecked` your wrecked. Chances are a pit crew wouldn't get you back running unless it was an endurance race.

The current system works fine, no one can take advantage of it. If you have damage drive the car to your pitbox and get it repaired. Teleporting into the garage and excpecting to take off on the lap you were on isn't exactly very realistic... nor fair.

Keiran

Pit/Race Lap bug
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG