The online racing simulator
DFP Calibration problem.
(8 posts, started )
DFP Calibration problem.
This has been going on for a while now. I got this DFP in May last year, so that sticks the warranty out of the frying pan, so I'm willing to go a bit extreme on it *DFP Surgery* I have a feeling that the wheel calibration, inside has moved a few inches, so the wheel thinks that its going straight during a straight line, but the wheel is slightly sqiunt to the left, and kinda bothers me a bit when racing. I tried game settings, lfs settings, to set the calibration right, but to no success, could anyone assist on how I can fix this calibration problem?
#2 - CSU1
You are right, some of the internal gears may have slipped.
However if it bothers you that much and you dont want to resort to *surgery*, you could use your DFP profile manager/windows callibration to callibrate it slightly off centre in the opposite direction,(ie: holding the wheel off centre in the opposite direction, then click callibrate) it would probably take two or three goes to get it dead centre, but shoild work
Quote from CSU1 :You are right, some of the internal gears may have slipped.
However if it bothers you that much and you dont want to resort to *surgery*, you could use your DFP profile manager/windows callibration to callibrate it slightly off centre in the opposite direction,(ie: holding the wheel off centre in the opposite direction, then click callibrate) it would probably take two or three goes to get it dead centre, but shoild work

How do I do that? I was unaware of that option. Where can I find it on DFP Profiler?
#4 - CSU1
Edit: humm...do you mean the DFP is visually off centre too look at?
i get the same problem here....

at first my wheel was ok, but since yesterday, mine tilts to the left. (and believe me when i say tilt, it does tilt. when i start lfs, something happens to the wheel, and now, when driving straight, it tilts like 45 degrees to the right side.)
i have tryed to hold it in visual centre and pressed the recalibrate button in lfs but to no avail... as soon as i turn the wheel it gets back to that tilted state...

this way the game is unplayable for me.....

GREETZZzz..
#6 - mcman
Quote from CSU1 :You are right, some of the internal gears may have slipped.

There is nothing that can "slip" in the gear train in DFP. The best way to determine if it's the wheel or the game, is to plug it into a PS2 and see if it centers up. Please note: DFP calibrates by rotating the wheel "stop to stop", counting "counts" from its optical encoder, then dividing by two to find the center. If the wheel is held during calibration it will not calibrate properly (if at all). Now, if something gets in the way of the "stops" causing the counts to be off, then the center will be off. This could be some debris that get lodged between the rotating stop and the sliding stop surfaces.
well i have been able to sort it out....

just uninstalled them drivers, disconected the dfp and re-installed the whole lot and i works fine....

sometimes though it does tent to tilt a bit to the left when i start a game, but when i disconnect/reconnect it works fine.....

GREETZZzz..
Same thing here but when I uninstalled the drivers and all, nothing solved itself. I have had other issues already so I am gonna get a new one.

DFP Calibration problem.
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG