The online racing simulator
Losing connection to host, everytime i finish a race
The last two times i've race, i have come 1st and second. but after each race it says ''practice offline'' What does that mean?
Attached images
untitled.JPG
lol, i have never heard for something like that...
#3 - SamH
That's the message that you get when your best laptime is significantly worse than the lap record for that track. Unfortunately it also happens when someone has used a shortcut/exploit to get a super-fast laptime. If you could let me know which track configuration you were on and which server you were in, I'll be able to find out who has exploited the system and ban them, and remove the faulty lap record.
Sounds like a dodgy world record, can you tell me the track and the car please and I will fix the problem
it was FE gold. on the s1 server with XFG.

Thanks,
Niall
That has just happened. i finished 9th on westhill on STCC server with uf1. i lost connection to host and it said the same thing.
Attached images
untitled.JPG
faulty records
System keeps kicking. See a UF1 record on WE1 of 1:53 while we drive 2:24. pls fix?
-
(SpikeyMarcoD) DELETED by SpikeyMarcoD
#8 - Jakg
He means someone has got the record to an artificially low time, and then people who set good laps are too slow compared to the new record.

PS - The WR is 2:21.36
#9 - SamH
I've removed the faulty record and relaunched the application. Nobody should get booted now
can u tell mee which server you were going i would like to check that out

Edit: could Be HaXxOrs
#11 - SamH
(two threads merged)
#12 - Jakg
STCC 1a New & Bronze
hmm gonna check em out today
Is there a way where someone who sets an artificial lap record can be booted/banned pro-actively at the time of the incident? ie. using the same method that is currently used to boot racers who fall way below the lap record. If the offender's time is a fair percentage above that record, then it can be assumed it is a fraud. Obviously the new record must be deleted at the same time so others don't get booted as well. Would this be difficult to implement ? Just an idea
#15 - Jakg
We've had at least one LFS World timing error were actually the lap time wasn't set via a hack, but by an error
#16 - SamH
Quote from Swiss_Tony :Is there a way where someone who sets an artificial lap record can be booted/banned pro-actively at the time of the incident? ie. using the same method that is currently used to boot racers who fall way below the lap record. If the offender's time is a fair percentage above that record, then it can be assumed it is a fraud. Obviously the new record must be deleted at the same time so others don't get booted as well. Would this be difficult to implement ? Just an idea

I kinda like the idea. I wish it were possible to save MPRs on the server, so at least we could be alerted. As Jak says, though, we've had innocent timing errors in the past. This one was definitely not one of those, though.. and the guy is history, never to return. We don't want anyone who would do that deliberately, on STCC servers.
I got booted from WE1R while driving 1:59's with the RB4
#18 - SamH
Is this today?
Maybe Some peeps got to hack or something Dev's drop by here to see whats the situation
#20 - SamH
Quote from anik360 :Maybe Some peeps got to hack or something Dev's drop by here to see whats the situation

Nahh this is an STCC thing.. if you drive well below the standard on the server, it kicks you. It's about 127% of the server record, I think. Worse than that, and it kicks you.

Most of the time, this system works brilliantly, but when the server gets a bad record (which happens when someone cheats, or occasionally with a bad data packet) trouble ensues!
ooo thats bad though and BTW how many nodes or servers do you people have to run all the lfs world things and the forum and site?
Quote :ooo thats bad though and BTW how many nodes or servers do you people have to run all the lfs world things and the forum and site?

The STCC has two dedicated server machines (Heathrow), one shared server (Canary Wharf), and one shared server farm (distributed). The second dedicated server is not yet online but it has passed soak test though and is waiting install by the colocation partner.

Just to be clear though, STCC has no direct asocciation with this forum or LFS World.
Quote from teaz-R :I got booted from WE1R while driving 1:59's with the RB4

Hmmm... I was too. Same track, but didn't get the "go away and practice message", just lost connection as I finished, two races in a row.
Must have missed the msg first time round, 'cause Westhill Reverse is kicking everyone for not being fast enough...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG