The online racing simulator
S2 - Disable car resets?
(12 posts, started )
#1 - donk
S2 - Disable car resets?
Hi all

Despite searching I cant find an answer to this one anywhere and looking at the cfg / setup/ readme etc cant see anything there either, so thought I'd see if the experts in here know

About 15 of us race on our own private server hosted by 500 Servers, and really want to be able to have the choice to disable clients from resetting the cars whilst racing i.e. hit space bar or whatever key its bound to for a reset after an off or a crash. One of our racers says he raced on a Public where this was enabled, so my question is, where is this setting please?

TIA

Donk
#2 - Jakg
...? Scawen has written the feature, but from what i understand it needs an incompatible patch to be implemented, so must wait.

I've never seen a server that could detect resets
#3 - dewyl
you can set in the lfs dedicated server program's cfg
#4 - Jakg
...but it wont do anything, he put the option in, but explained it will only work after an incompatible patch
If this would be implented, it would be cool if you can go to pits and spectate and stuff, but the car still stayed there.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :If this would be implented, it would be cool if you can go to pits and spectate and stuff, but the car still stayed there.

you can

go to the pits and hit tab key makes you spectate other cars whiole your car is being fuled up/fixed.

idd rather tho to be able to pit in for fule and then be taken to the raceleader/ or 2nd place while ca is getting fixed/fuled up, and then taken back to your car when its finisherd.
Quote from racemania :you can

go to the pits and hit tab key makes you spectate other cars whiole your car is being fuled up/fixed.

I didn't meant it like that, I thought it would be cool that if you crash, you can spectate or pit (shift+s pit, not pitstop) but the car stays there...

btw: after shift+s'ing you can't go on the track (or you can if that would be an option)
ahh kk i get you now yeah i know what youwatn but wouldnt it just be as easy to hit spectate instead of piting and then spectating the rest of the race?

just i dont think it would make a differance if you pitted and then spectated or just spectated if you crashed

if you mean the car stays on track after you have crashed and cant drive it back to pits, like in real racing where if the car is off the racing line and out of danger area it stays there till end of the race, i think this would be great but only if the server allowed it.
I dont knwo if this is what your talking about but in my server file...

// no/yes: allow car reset
/canreset=no

I don't know if it works i havent tryed it...
#10 - Davo
As jak said this feature is not yet implemented.
#11 - Jakg
Quote from scoobyrbac :I dont knwo if this is what your talking about but in my server file...

// no/yes: allow car reset
/canreset=no

I don't know if it works i havent tryed it...

Quote from Jakg :...but it wont do anything, he put the option in, but explained it will only work after an incompatible patch

For the third time...
#12 - donk
Thanks for the replies all, looks like we will have to wait for this to be implemented by the devs. I dont know why one of our people said it was disabled on the Public he raced on though, it must have been the alchohol I reckon

S2 - Disable car resets?
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG