The online racing simulator
Internal Damage?
(14 posts, started )
Internal Damage?
Just as a clarification, I know this game has external damage (unlike RFactor and Gran Turismo). However, is there's internal damage? Mean when I crash the engine, transmission, etc will also be effected (which means I'll go slower when I crash.)

I know a lot of people who said no.
Rfactor has more damage than LFS, one of the few things I liked about the game.

On LFS you can damage your engine by over revving it, but thats about all you can do...it won't stop working though. They call it 'popcorn' because it makes your engine sound like popcorn being cooked.But theres no way to cause that damage by crashing the car.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Rfactor has more damage than LFS, one of the few things I liked about the game.

On LFS you can damage your engine by over revving it, but thats about all you can do...it won't stop working though. They call it 'popcorn' because it makes your engine sound like popcorn being cooked.But theres no way to cause that damage by crashing the car.

Shoot. RFactor doesn't have much external damage. Now I have to think hard.

Thxs for the honest reply
If I have just made you go and smash into things full speed in an Rfactor car then I can go to sleep a happy man
#5 - Woz
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Rfactor has more damage than LFS, one of the few things I liked about the game.

You can damage you engine so much it is unable to pull you along. Go to BL and on the long staright dump the car down to first at top speed and floor your foot.

There is also suspension damage in LFS and tire damage & wear.
Quote from Woz :You can damage you engine so much it is unable to pull you along. Go to BL and on the long staright dump the car down to first at top speed and floor your foot.

There is also suspension damage in LFS and tire damage & wear.

I'm sure Quicksilver knows this.

The thread starter's question was asking if it was possible to damage the car's internal parts (e.g. engine, transmission, etc) if you hit a wall or whatnot.... and no LFS doesn't do that.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :If I have just made you go and smash into things full speed in an Rfactor car then I can go to sleep a happy man

Hehe...I have to LOL at this (sorry lizardfolk)
your engine can stop by ovver revving as ive don it, xfg drag strip at last min put into 1st and let it roll it wont show any revs on the rev counter
i have made the car shut off by overrevving it. The best cars for this is the all wheel drive cars because their wheels wont slide like the others. It might take more then one go, but if your going 250 in the fxr and put it in first, the rpm gauge should go all the way around to 5, which is probably closer to 20,000 rpm.
so basically there's no consequence in crashing except a dent car. Wow this need to be improved
#11 - JJ72
you can destroy your suspension
i think dents affect the weight balance of the car, also, cosmetic damage to the front of the car makes the steering (force feedback) feel damaged sometimes...

i've noticed the steering feeling off even if no damage shows up in f9
Quote from lizardfolk :so basically there's no consequence in crashing except a dent car. Wow this need to be improved

no worries - S3: engine (and radiator) plus transmission simulated
Quote from AndRand :no worries - S3: engine (and radiator) plus transmission simulated

great i forgot this game is still in development LOL

Internal Damage?
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG