The online racing simulator
3-button throttle and brake? read slowly,(confusing?)
I think you should be able to set three buttons as the throttle and three buttons for brake for mouse users. Obviously this wont be able to be done from the mouse but three buttons on the keyboard. Like c,s,a can be the throttles, and d,w,q can be the brake. For c and d, a mininmal amount of throttle or brake are applied. for s and w half the throttle or brake are applied. and when you press a or q, full throttle and brake is applied. if you hold 2 of the buttons for throttle at the same time a mid point of the buttons pressed is applied to the throttle. like between the minimal point c and the mid point s, a halfway point between the to points is applied to the throttle. I think it will take a little while to get used to, but if this is done it is certainly more accurate, and should help with mouse users laptimes.
i dont know, maybe buttons like quick steer and slow steer to the throttle and brake activation is enough, i miss that too, but i still use keyboard, not a mouse...
#3 - wark
Has been suggested a few times before. In fact, I first suggested this almost five years ago. Unfortunately Scawen said he's not going to add any more features for mouse/KB drivers.

He said something along the lines of those inputs being used only till a user obtains a proper wheel. I own a wheel but prefer mouse/KB.
#4 - Davo
I prefer to drive my real car with a keyboard too. Can't wait till they release a car with mouse steer.
#5 - wark
Real cars don't have desks with mice and keyboards on them and in the way. It's simply a hassle to swap out every time I want to run LFS.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG