The online racing simulator
Which are the best servers???
(38 posts, closed, started )
I have been a racer on LFS for a couple of years now and enjoy the Redline Racing servers and conedodgers servers a lot. Always up there with the top 5 with good racing. But failing to find other servers that can match. Was quite into the STCC servers, especially the minis, but got banned. Sort of deserved it. But cant believe there are only a handful of servers with more than 10 racers. Can anyone help??
Apart from league races, you'd be hard pushed to find better racing than is present on the STCC servers.

The only other public servers I used to race on were Redline racing and the Cone dodgers one, but the combo's were very limited.

Public racing is very limited and very sporadic at best, unfortunatly..........
Yeah I bet your outburst got you banned on quite a number of servers.

Anyhoo, check out this thread. It's basically a friendly competition where the various hosts recieve "Experience Points" calculated by the number of online users etc.
hahah yeah a few. oh well.

thanks anyways. Will check them out.
Best thing to do is try not to alienate yourself to the rest of the community .
STCC
Quote from N I K I :STCC

Yes, the STCC servers are very popular indeed. But he was banned from the STCC servers. Im guessing he is looking for something else.
I find good racing can always be found on people's team servers. Usually all the racers know each other and race each other a lot so you get good clean racing.

Only problem is you'll find that these types of servers lay empty a lot. Our Team server R4RStockCup usually has quite a few racers between 9:00 and 11:00PM but the rest of the time it sits empty.

DBP Team Server is another example.

The main benefit of these types of servers over RedlineRacing etc is the level of friendliness.
I don't think STCC is the best:
when u enter with quite full server and u start from the rear the first race, especially on silver and gold, where cars are heavier and bigger then uf and xfg of stcc1, lot of time u are not able to finish the race for a crash into first turns.
I no more play on STCC if there are more then 8 people on the server for that reason:
there is no fun on waiting for 30 minutes an endurance of 20 laps and then receiving one that bump u on the rear at T1 and send u crashing directly into a wall.

However with max 8 or 10 people, STCC servers are fun

My suggestion is:
find some racers that u like to race with, add them into browse for speed and join them in the servers where they are.
Some of the most fun races that i have done where in servers with 4 5 peoples, even less.
Failing that, find an empty server with a config you like and start racing on there, 5 times out of 10 more people will join once they see someone else racing on there.
Yeah - buddies list are great for this. Me and my teammates always find each other whatever servers we are on. If people trust you and want to race you they'll turn up wherever you are.
#13 - Gunn
I think the STCC servers offer a great online racing experience for any LFS racer and I fully support that model. Having said that, there is certainly great value and experience to be gained from racing with small to medium groups of people who race together regularly. It's great racing and training at any level. Make a server - call your buddies - quali - race.
I rarely race any more but when I do open up the multiplayer list I usually find myself joining the Dead Men Racing server. They have interesting combos that change often, the regulars are really nice, they don't tolerate dickheads and they don't have any stupid rules or gay server mods that shout at you - that's all you need, really.
cool and the gang

Quote from thisnameistaken :I rarely race any more but when I do open up the multiplayer list I usually find myself joining the Dead Men Racing server. They have interesting combos that change often, the regulars are really nice, they don't tolerate dickheads and they don't have any stupid rules or gay server mods that shout at you - that's all you need, really.

Used to drive on the Redline servers, but after spinning out onto the grass, I was DSQ for crashing...so that is the last time I entered those severs
#17 - JTbo
Can't find 30lap / 1 hour races with road cars from anywhere, would be nice if there was server or two that would run once or twice a week a scheduled race where one could join like into pickup races.

As time goes it might start going as people learn that certain time such race starts.
The only bad thing about STCC servers is that they steal all the racers from all the "odd" combos. lol
Quote from SpaceMarineITA :I don't think STCC is the best:
when u enter with quite full server and u start from the rear the first race, especially on silver and gold, where cars are heavier and bigger then uf and xfg of stcc1, lot of time u are not able to finish the race for a crash into first turns.

That really doesn't happen very often at all....it's far more likely to happen on the RedlineRacing servers in my experience.
I jumped into STCC silver and gold last night...started 20th and finished 2nd and didn't see any major incidents on my way through the pack. A few small taps here and there of course, but the standard of driving was generally excellent. It was so good i saved the replay and am going to make a little movie to send to my brother to(hopefully) persuade him to purchase LFS

Really, T1 incidents seem pretty rare on STCC (Silver and Gold anyway)
At the end of the day most servers are only as good as the regulars and passing public who frequent them, admins really dont have that much influence over them except whilst they are there which happens in a very small window during most 24hr periods.

The STCC second+ tier servers are a little different in that you have to prove your worth before hand - but entry requirements are more relaxed than a passworded server.

That's the bottom line.
have to admit the STCC servers are by far the best and im gutted to be banned but thats life. Only thing is they were a bit strict for my liking. Any bad move resulted in a threat to ban.

So... hence im after some tips on best servers apart from STCC.

(all you mini racers who knew me on STCC (Enforcer) hello!!)
Quote from Bontemps :have to admit the STCC servers are by far the best and im gutted to be banned but thats life. Only thing is they were a bit strict for my liking. Any bad move resulted in a threat to ban.

So... hence im after some tips on best servers apart from STCC.

(all you mini racers who knew me on STCC (Enforcer) hello!!)

If its UF1 racing you're after and there are no servers that are running them, why not host your own game? You should be able to do maybe a 8 or 10 man server on an ADSL connection.

If it gets popular maybe look into hiring a server, and start up a cup/league.
Redline Racing and STCC
Redline is very good!!! Race there a lot. But its always the F3000 cars.

Would start my own server but dont have the patience to wait for racers
League servers aside, the best servers are the 'Redline Racing' servers. RR uses the FOX and usually has 2-3 servers running on various tracks, making for great fun. STCC is also okay, but it's kinda boring since you have to drive crappy cars unless you have a silver license. Other than those servers, I just race in what's popular at that moment. The 'Caribbean Cruise' servers are also quite good fun if there aren't any good race servers going. Hope that helps.
This thread is closed

(38 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG