The online racing simulator
Strange AI behaviour on BL GP
(17 posts, started )
Took a 23 lap "race" with five AI drivers on BL GP and they all stopped on lap 11.

First I had the "Ai uses player settings" set to "no" then I tried with the AI driving with my setup because I thought they had too little fuel. But the exact same thing happened. Do AI make pitstops?

Is this some kind of bug or am I doing something wrong? I bet this is something very simple and I'm making myself look like a total twat.

I was driving against the AI because almost all servers were empty.

Tried the search but didn't find anything about anything similar. Lots of topics about how crappy the AI is though.

Edit: Oh yeah! I was using the XRG.
Quote from March Hare :Tried the search but didn't find anything about anything similar. Lots of topics about how crappy the AI is though.

See? You just answered your thread yourself.

The AI doesn't pit. It ran out of fuel.
Quote from AndroidXP :The AI doesn't pit. It ran out of fuel.

How can they run out of fuel before I do if they use the same setup? Or is fuel level not part of the setup?
No, afaik they take whatever fuel you had when you added them.
Hmmm. It is possible that I altered my fuel level after I added the AI drivers.

I must test this further tomorrow.
Just fuel you car up to 100% and then add the AIs.
They will have 100% fuel. Now you can go to the garage again and change your fuel amount to whatever percentage you like.

The AIs will stick with their 100% fuel no matter what you do.
That did it.
i did an experiment with this. gave the AI every type of car i could and filled them up with 50% fuel and told them to practic on BL. By far the worst car on fuel is the BF1 and with out a doubt the best is UF1. that isnt too suprosing tho. it was fun and good for testin out my new cpu to handle 12 ai's for a decent period of time
Mine are just slow everywhere, and I would prefer to race online then let them practice and learn
any ways to make the ai pit then?
#11 - Jakg
Besides pushing them into the pit and stopping, no
u can do that? do they exceed the speed limit or do they use the limiter after they all fueled up in pitlane?
Quote from mattlikespeoples :i did an experiment with this. gave the AI every type of car i could and filled them up with 50% fuel and told them to practic on BL. By far the worst car on fuel is the BF1 and with out a doubt the best is UF1. that isnt too suprosing tho. it was fun and good for testin out my new cpu to handle 12 ai's for a decent period of time

How do you tell the AI to practice? Do you just set up a race with a long qual time?
No, not qualifying time, just set up a race with 50 laps or so, give them a full gas tank and leave them racing on their own. Maybe try to mixing two classes (if you want to train them for FXO for example, throw in a few XFGs) to improve their overtaking abilities, too.
Thanks I will give that a try when I get home tonight and see if they get a little better.

George
#16 - xt
same here. stange behaviour on bl gp with all xrt. ai use not mine setup, around 6% left in tank, and one AI2 car stopped on 12 lap at pit-in mark in the middle of track and stand there until i touched him. if other cars had accident and stopped near pit-in mark, then also had problems with moving.
XRT, 6% fuel and 12 lap race? Sounds like out-of-gas syndrome to me.
Don't be so tight, treat them all to a decent fill up before sending them out to race.

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG