The online racing simulator
GM EcoJet
(17 posts, started )
GM EcoJet
All I can say is WTF was the designer thinking. That car makes me wanna throw up everytime I look at it.

"We wanted to show younger car enthusiasts that environmentally friendly cars don't have to look like a Prius"

rofl so instead you made it look like a pile of crap!

But ignoring its hidiousness what's beneath is certainly interesting, with 650hp it cerainly has some power.
hmmm, Cadillac Cien anyone? That's what it reminds me of. I'd much prefer to have the prius, despite some cars out there are more fuel efficient.
It looks like a Koenigsegg CC that someone beat with an ugly stick.....
Quote from Xaid0n :hmmm, Cadillac Cien anyone? That's what it reminds me of.

second that, first thing i thought when i saw it was, 'thats a cien..'
Quote from 96 GTS :It looks like a Koenigsegg CC that someone beat with an ugly stick.....

Koenigsegg are making a bio-diesel powered car, too ...
Really interesting, and 650hp too!
Wonder how it is to drive it!
But the design it's ehm... terrible. The front looks only well.. ugly, but the rear it's the worst! Seems a bad attempt at batmobile!
Someone got a link with more specs. etc.?
The only thing uglier than Jay Leno is Jay Leno's car.
Urgh...biodiesel powered cars. So, it has a diesel engine in it...thats like, woah! This biodiesel is the worst crap ever invented to scam the general public. Taking useful plants that could have been used to make food to people and brewing it to ethanol is utterly stupid! Although the ethanol gives a little extra burst of power, it's not "eco friendly" as the fuel is still mainly normal diesel, and if you are concerned about CO2, well, ethanol releases more of it than gasoline. They do of course claim that it's CO2 neutral, bollocks. In my opinion, would seem like a way to keep the agriculture in EU on it's feet. The worst and inefficient alternative fuel ever (does burn well, but the way it's done), why don't use methane, there's a lot of it wasted, it could be collected and then burnt as it will get in the atmosphere anyway. Plah...and that car is ugly as hell!
That car looks horrible - I prefer bioethanol to biodiesel but hey, it's still got 620HP - probably the fastest alternative fuel car that could be driven on a road without getting a tug from the police
#11 - JTbo
Ugly car

Ethanol and Biodiesel are not same, I don't think they even mix too well, you can get biodiesel from Mac Donalds, oil they use cooking french fries can be put trough filter and instead throwing it away you can burn it, add few % diesel if you need to run it in colder weather.
Quote from JTbo :
Ethanol and Biodiesel are not same, I don't think they even mix too well, you can get biodiesel from Mac Donalds, oil they use cooking french fries can be put trough filter and instead throwing it away you can burn it, add few % diesel if you need to run it in colder weather.

Well, yeah. They are actually putting ethanol in diesel, only few % though. Running on 100% would be waste I guess. You can basically burn anything with a diesel engine, it doesn't take a special super engine. Well, you might want to make reinforce few rubber tubes or make them from metal if the car is powered constantly with veggie oils.
Egojet

Come on people! When have seen a prototype car that actually looked good? Such things don't exist! Even if it wasn't a prototype it was ugly.

Looks better than Prius though
It may run Biodiesel fuel but it is still a Jet engine, and they aren't known for their good fuel economy
so ugly that you expect the earth to open up and draw it down to hell any second ... solid rear axle ... diesel
its like they didnt even try to make a decent car
Quote from 96 GTS :It looks like a Koenigsegg CC that someone beat with an ugly stick.....

and then the ugly tree fell on it!

Horrible looking car but the concept looks very interesting
I've yet to work out how a diesel powered gas turbine is more environmentally friendly than a small petrol engine... Biodiesel may be more sustainable but it is no more environmentally friendly and that car looks hideous :doh:

GM EcoJet
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG