The online racing simulator
Technology..and the idiots that use it...
(23 posts, started )
That was pretty hilarious to watch :-D
hahah brilliant
I could not stop laugh, brilliant windows as perusal
#6 - (SaM)
Hahaha, that reminds me of a mentally disabled secretary listening to Metallica on her mp3. Although that might be more functional and efficient.

I seriously don't know why you want to use speech-to-text. The only reason I can think of is when you lost a whole bunch of fingers in an accident making you incapable of typing 1 letter per second.
Thanks for brightening up what was otherwise a cr@ppy day
Mercy, pls!

I had tears in my eyes from laughing 2 minutes into it.
Damn, that's lightning fast. I can't think why I'm still using a keyboard.
LOL, as funny as that is it has to be fake since things often happen before he's even done speaking.

It's hard to contain laughter at work I thought I was going to explode and my eyes were watering
#11 - CSU1
I cryed with laughter watchin that!
BBT: that's more likely coming from youtube crappy recompresion of videos, there are many with desynced sound.
Anyway, hilarious video
oh, good point - should've thought of that.
I loved the Windows cd shreding video entertaining too loved he he shoved the plastic disc in and it would shred it so he went back and forth untill it was totaly finished... great stuff!

I really dont see many uses for speech recognition, only maybe for the disabled but still wouldn't that annoy you if you spend half an hour trying to tget it to type out a web domain.
I would love to use speech recognition together with a speech synthesizer like Microsoft Sam. I'll make Sam say something and it will create an infinite loop of speech-text-speech-text.

Would the universe collapse then?
Quote from Madman_CZ :I really dont see many uses for speech recognition, only maybe for the disabled but still wouldn't that annoy you if you spend half an hour trying to tget it to type out a web domain.

When you see someone who is trying to cut down a tree with a hammer, do you blame the hammer?

The video may be funny, but the idea is silly. Only an idiot would try to enter programming code though a speech recognition tool, and expect a good result. The tool is meant for processing spoken natural languages. Perl isn't in that domain, last time I checked.
LOL! Funny video! it reminds me of the finger print recognition on my PC, i set it all up, which involve's swiping your fingers so it knows what finger's are the user's, after i set it up, i shown my dad and i said "hey try swiping your finger here, it wont log-in!" so he tryed and guess what.....it logged him in, hahahahah. Silly Microsoft

Frenchy
Quote from wsinda :When you see someone who is trying to cut down a tree with a hammer, do you blame the hammer?

The video may be funny, but the idea is silly. Only an idiot would try to enter programming code though a speech recognition tool, and expect a good result. The tool is meant for processing spoken natural languages. Perl isn't in that domain, last time I checked.

Well no, but there are plenty of other videos of microsoft speech recognition where they only want to use it for typing a normal word document and it goes all tits up.... including at a public demo. But don't get me wrong sometimes it can be quite amazing when it works....
Quote from Madman_CZ :Well no, but there are plenty of other videos of microsoft speech recognition where they only want to use it for typing a normal word document and it goes all tits up.... including at a public demo. But don't get me wrong sometimes it can be quite amazing when it works....

The public demo went all tits up because of background noise, they used a cardioid microphone for the presentation whereas you use a normal microphone at home with less noise.
If used with a clear voice (and some patience) it's pretty capable of typing everything down.
You still pretty much need a mouse and keyboard to correct the thing when it flurks up though, correcting things make it worse.
I want to play LFS using voice recognition!

Full throttle!

Steer right 10%

Steer left 10%!!!!!!

BRAKE 90%!!!!!!!!!!!

That video was hilarious, I was literally crying laughing.

Even as funny as that was, I think it's actually pretty amazing how well that worked. When he told it to delete long strings of words and it actually did it, Perl scripting probably isn't the best use for it either, I would assume that it actually works pretty well for day to day things like writing emails and such.
I cane sow relative two that.

(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG