The online racing simulator
XRT really fast drift set wanted!
(15 posts, started )
could anybody give me a really fast drift set for XRT or give me ideas on how to make a fast one

Thanks
Sorry for asking, but what exactly is a 'fast' drift setup? I mean, the less you drift the faster you are, so...?
ahhhh, but then you arent really drifting... its just that when i am drifting on the track, there are people overtaking me left right and centre
Quote from niall09 :ahhhh, but then you arent really drifting... its just that when i am drifting on the track, there are people overtaking me left right and centre

The only way to vary speed when drifting is the amount of angle you have. If you dont have alot you go faster, if alot of angle you are slower. The end.
wrong, in my opinion you can (witnessed) easily slow down your car right before a hairpin by using crazy angles, but continue that motion till the whole bend is done...
Me for example (i'm not the best angle-controller) use a slightly understeery set just to be sure i can handle the "whiplash" and to keep the turning motion smooth.
Until i get better of corse...
could you upload an spr of you drifting? maybe that will help explain things.
edit: was off topic
yes, one min
ok, its on a layout on FE gold rev
Attached files
medrift.spr - 9.9 KB - 364 views
well... your setup feels very grippy. it felt like the car wasnt set up to drift... but here's a replay of me doing a lap with your car for you to look at.
i was using DFP@ 620degrees.

you need to try and be smoother with your inputs somehow...

:edit: i coulda sworn i gave you a set online a few weeks ago... my drift alias is RSR kaiju
Attached files
gab testdrift.spr - 26.6 KB - 257 views
i was twinning with you but you didnt give me a set. i remember you alright though
here's the set i currently use. It's based on one of diesels old old sets from when S2 1st came out... so its outdated but i still use it. i always thought my set was quite dull compared to others, but its more lively than the one you're currently using.
Attached files
XR GT TURBO_GABNEWDRIFT.set - 132 B - 523 views
thanks man, that is a really good set and suits my drifting style
as a drifter, you don't really want to be fast. if ur fast, it means you have a weak angle, which just looks plain stupid. my suggestion: use a higher setup so that the car doesn't have too much downforce and can turn sharper.
Quote from BlackSheep720 :My suggestion: use a higher setup so that the car doesn't have too much downforce and can turn sharper.

One problem though...

Last time I checked, LFS does NOT simulate ground effects. So important variables such as ground clearance and rake angle could make or break the aero cars.

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG