The online racing simulator
video playback
(9 posts, started )
video playback
I am having problems with video playback on my Win2000 machine. Everything plays like it is running 2X. I said this in the "Run Riot" movie thread and was given a response to check the speed in the Now Playing tools in Windows Media Player 9. I don't have a playback setting in WMP9. I downloaded Real Player and everything is running in 2X in this also. Is this a Win2000 issue? I never really noticed before because my sound isn''t all that great, in-case speaker (work PC), but with the "Run Riot" video I didn't even realize the music was Def Leppard. It sounds like it is Alvin and the Chipmunks. So, can anyone tell me if it is a Win2000 thing that can't be fixed? Or is there something that can be done? We really enjoy sitting at lunch and watching these fantastic movies.

EDIT: Hmm, I just took a look at some old videos I had out on the network and they are all running at 2X also. Now I know I've played them in the past and they were alright at one time. Since then, my machine was formatted and Windows 2000 was reinstalled. So, I know it isn't a Windows2000 issue that can't be resolved because they did work ok at one time.

Thanks,
I can't see what could cause video's to run at 2x speed, if you play an Mp3 file in the same player that was playing something at 2x speed, is that 2x as well? If it isn't I suppose it could be a codec issue, but even then I'm not sure if that could cause it.
Get an All in One (or 1) Codec pack, lots of them around. Just make sure you get a recent one.
Quote from Tweaker :Get an All in One (or 1) Codec pack, lots of them around. Just make sure you get a recent one.

I agree. You probably have a codec problem of some sort. I use the K-Lite codec pack and never have any problems. You should be able to Google it.
#5 - J.B.
Codec packs are evil. Read the "A Clean Start" section on this page. Then install only the codecs you know you need. FFdshow can handle most files. Or use the VLC Player.
How could they be evil, they have all the codecs I need to watch nearly any typical movie that is across the net. And the one I got includes FFdshow and other necessary stuff. Also, a miracle video player for me is Crystal Player, a very good player imo.
#7 - bbman
Yeah, and I know videos, which won't work properly if you have any codecpack installed, codecpacks that create severe errors when mixed with other ones and so on... I have not a single codecpack installed and I got every video running properly yet...

I would also recommend VLC Player... Great player, you don't even need to download DivX...
Don't install codec packs! Those are very easy way to get your computer messed up. And this is not a joke.
Man, I have no clue when it comes to videos. All I know is that I can't play ANY videos unless I have codecs installed. And many of you are saying don't install any codecs! So, if no codecs are installed, then how the heck can you play any videos? It's a work PC, so I can't just go downloading a bunch of players and stuff, I really shouldn't even download any codecs, they are cracking down. I have tried many different players, the problem is, everything I've tried will play this video but not that one. Then that player will play that video, but not this one. It is all so very confusing. Why can't it just be all universal?

video playback
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG