The online racing simulator
auto gear ban?
(80 posts, started )
auto gear ban?
i was just on the server 1a and i got banned for using auto gear. I used them while i was eating intending to turn them off in a couple of mins. how long is the ban? and why was it put there in the first place?
#2 - Bean0
Ban is 24hrs.

Auto gears are banned because Becky says so, like it or lump it I'm afraid.
thanks
#4 - Jakg
Correction, it WONT let you join with auto-gears, but if you enable them mid-race (ie to circumvent it) it will ban you for a day
#5 - CSU1
Thats BS imo, is there a good reason for using a system like this, or is it just 'like it or lump it'?
The good reason is because that is what Becky wants. Feel free to develop your own server management software and allow Auto-Gears. But as long as you use someone elses system then you have to abide by their rules.

If you don't want to use the STCC servers, or you do want to drive badly (auto-gears) then go somewhere else - there are plenty of servers around!
Quote :Thats BS imo, is there a good reason for using a system like this, or is it just 'like it or lump it'?

There are several good reasons why auto gears is banned.

Firstly on it's inception it reduced wrecker activity by over 30% for this reason alone auto gears is not welcome on our servers.

STCC servers are aimed at serious sim-racers, not at gamers, and as such progressively remove gaming based driving aids as you gain ranks.

As for like it or lump it. I've changed driver aids before based on player request, but auto gears is one that I see no reason to change.

It's not BS. BS is an abbreviation for a swearword so you can foxtrot yourself, frankly.
#8 - CSU1
Quote from Becky Rose :There are several good reasons why auto gears is banned.

Firstly on it's inception it reduced wrecker activity by over 30% for this reason alone auto gears is not welcome on our servers.

STCC servers are aimed at serious sim-racers, not at gamers, and as such progressively remove gaming based driving aids as you gain ranks.

As for like it or lump it. I've changed driver aids before based on player request, but auto gears is one that I see no reason to change.

It's not BS. BS is an abbreviation for a swearword so you can foxtrot yourself, frankly.

Yeah ok, I just feel sorry for people like Zachary Zoomy getting a ban for trying to learn. I KNOW, go off-line or somewhere else and learn is the usual advice you could say to drivers like Zachary Zoomy, but it's very hard to find good competative driving on a server as good as the one's you manage Becky. They run some of my fav combo's, I dont adhire to the larger cars in LFS so the combos there suit me fine and I race on both STCC 1a & STCC 1b every day....well allmost every day, I cant get my liscense though because I cant really drive too good

You have my upmost appology's Becky, I am sorry for using stupid foul language there I just feel sorry for Zachary Zoomy is all.
Quote from CSU1 :Yeah ok, I just feel sorry for people like Zachary Zoomy getting a ban for trying to learn.

IMO, you shouldnt "learn" to drive with auto-gears. You should use manual gearing right from the beginning or you will have to change your driving again later, when you realized that you have to use manual gearing to be competitive.

I made that mistake, too.
#10 - SamH
Quote from CSU1 :You have my upmost appology's Becky, I am sorry for using stupid foul language there I just feel sorry for Zachary Zoomy is all.

I guess the first lesson Zachary learned, and it will carry across ALL public servers, and not just the STCC.. don't even THINK about EATING while driving wheel-to-wheel with other people. Driving S2 is a different level of responsibility, and risking other drivers' races by eating while driving on LFS will win you no friends.
Quote from SamH :I guess the first lesson Zachary learned, and it will carry across ALL public servers, and not just the STCC.. don't even THINK about EATING while driving wheel-to-wheel with other people. Driving S2 is a different level of responsibility, and risking other drivers' races by eating while driving on LFS will win you no friends.

Hehe well that is a way to put it =) Right though shouldn't really be eating and driving, just sit out a race or two.
I didn't know it banned for auto gears although i got kicked out of race for using the throttle blip (i think) but never use auto gears so fine by me, cant beat full on h shifting, heel and toeing even if i am slower for it.
Not the end of the work being banned for 24 hours though, have a night off from racing lfs or race another server for one evening
Hehe that was the idea behind the 24 hour ban I think =)

STCC from what I am gathering from it is trying to produce something thats as close to real life racing as you can get within LFS. The best way to do this atm is to prevent people from using driver aids.

BTW you don't have to heal-toe, just give a good blip of the throttle on downshift and the gear should slide in. Could do this for upshift aswell but it will take you some time for the gearing to mesh. This is how I drove semi in the states. Once I got rolling in 1st I didn't touch the clutch again until I was almost stopped at the stop sign or light =) talk about a workout, espcially when I romped through low range without skipping a shift =)
Manual gears aren't that hard anyway - LFS is the first game I've ever played where I've made myself use them, and it only too an hour or two to pick it up.

That said I've not tried the 6 and 7 geared monsters competitively yet, so time will tell..
#15 - Jakg
Lemme re-iterate, it DOESNT ban you for auto-gears, it tells you not to use them, however if you try to get round it by enabling them mid-race then it will
Quote from Viper93 :BTW you don't have to heal-toe, just give a good blip of the throttle on downshift and the gear should slide in.

I know you dont have to heel and toe, dont even have to use a h shifter but it makes it alot more . . . . . . fun, exciting, intense.
Overwhelming!
The immaturity of some STCC supporters is overwhelming!

Quote :like it or lump it...

Quote :go somewhere else...

I don't think we have to be rude to others who ask a simple question. I support STCC and I try my best not to be rude. I think some of you could try the same.

When we reply with a rude answer to someone who has no clue about this game we only show that our maturity is at the level of an 8 year old and our Intelligence Quotient (IQ for short) is lower than my bowling score (which isn't very high). :ouch:

So, be nice to one another and kind to newbies, explaining them what you have already explained 1000 times, in a welcoming way. Don't give room for anyone to call you a trouble maker, but be eager to help in resolving issues, that you may receive an award for promoting the spirit of STCC.

This is the best advise I can give you for now.

Have a great day folks.

Jim
You completely took these 2 quotes of their context.

If you read the full posts they arent rude and there is other information in them.
-
(animal1313) DELETED by animal1313
Quote from Indiana Jim :The immaturity of some STCC supporters is overwhelming!

I don't think we have to be rude to others who ask a simple question. I support STCC and I try my best not to be rude. I think some of you could try the same.

When we reply with a rude answer to someone who has no clue about this game we only show that our maturity is at the level of an 8 year old and our Intelligence Quotient (IQ for short) is lower than my bowling score (which isn't very high). :ouch:

So, be nice to one another and kind to newbies, explaining them what you have already explained 1000 times, in a welcoming way. Don't give room for anyone to call you a trouble maker, but be eager to help in resolving issues, that you may receive an award for promoting the spirit of STCC.

This is the best advise I can give you for now.

Have a great day folks.

Jim

Well I am sorry.

As you can see from the time of my post, it was 4am and I was watching the GP.

I couldn't be hassled with searching here for Becky previous explanations of why auto gears are not allowed, and just answered the questions asked.

I'll let people wait a few hours for a proper reply next time
#20 - SamH
Quote from Bean0 :it was 4am and I was watching the GP.

Me too! Worth staying up for! But we digress...
Quote :The immaturity of some STCC supporters is overwhelming!

It is known to us that watching STCC movies instantly degrades the viewers frontal lobe and make them less empathic, more agressive, and reverts them to an earlier mental state. We have been covering this up for a while now, actually.

I think perhaps you mean "the immaturity of some people on internet forums is overwhelming".
Quote from Becky Rose :[/color][/color]
It is known to us that watching STCC movies instantly degrades the viewers frontal lobe and make them less empathic, more agressive, and reverts them to an earlier mental state. We have been covering this up for a while now, actually.

I think perhaps you mean "the immaturity of some people on internet forums is overwhelming".

I think you should broaden that even more by saying in general there are many immature people out in the world, I would say today but I think its more along the lines of always has been.

As a whole it's good but there are always a few who like to spoil it for everyone in one shape or form.
i see. i don't usally drive with autogears. I had a minor controller failer and the clutch didn't work so instead of changeing the control file I tried auto gears for until the end of hte race.
But you said initially that you changed to auto gears because you were eating ? So, which one is it

auto gear ban?
(80 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG