The online racing simulator
'Open' circuit option for practice [added in 0.6B]
I'd like to see something like "free track mode" or "open track mode" - called it whatever you want. The point is, when you choose truck, I'd like to have one option where all part of truck is available (see attached files). Why ?? I quest for more fun, because in Edit mode (ctrl+U) I would be able to made my own track without any restrictions.

In such a track mode I'd like also have some part of track open, which are not "drivable" in available tracks. For example in Fern Bay on long course when you choose reverse, after start you need to go left trought chicane but straight there's a part of track which connect later to main track. Why not make this open and somebody who will edit track can choose which way to go by placing bariers.

EDIT: Also would be very good to connect all part of autocross set :-)
Attached images
fern bay.jpg
blackwood.jpg
autocross.jpg
This is interesting. I belive Project Gotham Racing had this feature. (the game had a similar track concept to lfs, where every track was a version of the "free" city area, but with roadblocks on different places) When you completed the whole game, you got to play "free" verisons of every city. (thats what i heard anyways) I belive if you where to edit the track by putting your roadblocks where you want, it will mean the AI-cars wont know where to go on the track. I guess it would be really cool to have a free version of south city when playing cops and robbers and similar games..
I don't care about AI's. IMHO LFS is not for AI but for people !! And cops and robbers in South City, yeah !!

The other question: Are Game Masters read all threads ?? How big are chances to see our improvements in game when most of the people said that some idea is good idea ?
Quote from klaczek :I don't care about AI's. IMHO LFS is not for AI but for people !! And cops and robbers in South City, yeah !!

The other question: Are Game Masters read all threads ?? How big are chances to see our improvements in game when most of the people said that some idea is good idea ?

it has ben suggested a million times before and about 10 times this month. The devs know about it but dont expect anything anytime soon.
Quote from sil3ntwar :it has ben suggested a million times before and about 10 times this month. The devs know about it but dont expect anything anytime soon.

Don't worry, I'm patient. I know that from idea to implementation there's a very long way.
As far as I know the current 3D engine can't cope with the possibility of multiple routes - it needs to know the track you'll drive on ahead and behind. Give it a choice (i.e. straight on or left) and it will roll over and die.

Thus it is my understanding that anything like this won't be possible until an engine rewite. The community has predicted (with no word from the devs afaik) that this is likely, but by no means certain.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
I can see, if I can get Tukko to do it.
#8 - Tukko
Quote from zeugnimod :I can see, if I can get Tukko to do it.

np guys I'll take that Friday stint

:ices_rofl
I'll cover the weekend.

FYI Tristan: Scawen has said he would like to do it, so it's more than a community presumption. It shouldn't be 'too' difficult to do, technically, but I thik it's likely to be quite time consuming to implement and test.

Also some areas still wont be accessible because they are there purely to be seen - not driven on - and are not necessarily modelled for up close detail like the rest of the track or have surroundings also created so that you are not driving on a road surrounded by black holes.

Like if you look left on the first bend at FE Gold you can see a hill that just stops ... there's nothing there, so driving closer to it or indeed on a track where you face toward it would exasperate a problem which otherwise isn't an issue.
thats like what i said; but i just wanted it on the autocross; it would be so much fun having a race go all the way through the autocross track; through the skidpad down the drag strip, then back through all the way around into the car park area
Quote from Becky Rose :Also some areas still wont be accessible because they are there purely to be seen - not driven on - and are not necessarily modelled for up close detail like the rest of the track or have surroundings also created so that you are not driving on a road surrounded by black holes.

There is a bit in Blackwood (i used a ramp to get over the fence around the car park) with Ambulances, trucks and tents that could be driven through
Quote from duke_toaster :There is a bit in Blackwood (i used a ramp to get over the fence around the car park) with Ambulances, trucks and tents that could be driven through

That place makes a natural banger racing track. There's a layout (by ATC Quicksilver I think) that has ramps from the start to get into there and a banger racing track.
Yes, it was driven in the CRC Banger league. Thats actually a much better banger racing track than the common one, because there arent these red barriers, that send you flying, on the outside. You can just hit the walls and go on.
Quote from zeugnimod :Yes, it was driven in the CRC Banger league.

hehe it always makes me laugh (puke) to see these two words in a same sentence.. CRC + Bangers illepall
I knew, that someone (you ) will say that.
Quote from zeugnimod :Yes, it was driven in the CRC Banger league. Thats actually a much better banger racing track than the common one, because there arent these red barriers, that send you flying, on the outside. You can just hit the walls and go on.

The flying barriers actually make it a little more fun, especially when someone gets hit on the roof because of it
Sorry, I cant see much fun in being thrown 30 meters into the air, if you hit or get pushed into a wall with very slow speed.
Quote from zeugnimod :Sorry, I cant see much fun in being thrown 30 meters into the air, if you hit or get pushed into a wall with very slow speed.

It's only the ends of the walls that act as kickers.

I've made an autocross layout with loads of randomly placed stuff in BL carpark, that would be fun online. Just to get airborne and hit someone.
Quote from thisnameistaken :BTW Tristan: I think it's your turn to make a thread about this tomorrow. I'll take Wednesday (bit busy tomorrow) and Zeugnimod's already agreed to make a thread about it on Thursday so then we'll just need a Friday guy to complete the set - could you ask around? Cheers.

:banghead:

I'll do next Monday
I know that kygetys had modified the BL AU to have all the misc objects placed (ambulance, trees, the wooden fences. I wish he would release that.
Quote from tristancliffe :As far as I know the current 3D engine can't cope with the possibility of multiple routes - it needs to know the track you'll drive on ahead and behind. Give it a choice (i.e. straight on or left) and it will roll over and die.

??? And what about Autocross ?? Are there any specific track on it ?? NO !! As I said I just wanna that for fun, and for more edit possibilities !!

Quote from tristancliffe :Thus it is my understanding that anything like this won't be possible until an engine rewite.

????? What are you talking about ?? Engine rewrite ?????? What for ?????? I just think that you've mist my point :-((((
#23 - joen
I think you should calm down.

Scawen has explained several times why what you want is difficult/not high on the priority list. Search for it in the forum as I can't be bothered with your attitude. Then you would also see that "your idea" had been suggested many times before.
#24 - Jakg
Quote from klaczek :??? And what about Autocross ?? Are there any specific track on it ?? NO !! As I said I just wanna that for fun, and for more edit possibilities !!

????? What are you talking about ?? Engine rewrite ?????? What for ?????? I just think that you've mist my point :-((((

au - wide road
Place the start position for an autocross behind a barrier in South CIty. You'll see why.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG