The online racing simulator
ctrl S screenshot mode?
(8 posts, started )
ctrl S screenshot mode?
So apparently theres a new feature, where when you hti "Ctrl + S", it takes a screenshot, and automaticly puts it in its own folder under the data foler in LFS, so you dont have to keep doing Prnt Scrn, and pasting it into your program and saving it.

"took" a BUNCH of pictures the other day. Go to LFS > data > shots? Couldnt find it...

so my quesetion... how do you get it?
#2 - Jakg
do you have LFS V2?
#3 - th84
I just tried it and it worked fine for me. I didnt even know about that! Nice feature.
Quote from th84 :I just tried it and it worked fine for me. I didnt even know about that! Nice feature.

Just be carefult to remove the screenshots from there after each session because they'll be overwrited the next time you launch LFS and hit the Ctrl-S again.

Scawen recognized this as a bug and it will be fixed with the next patch.

@Sketchyrollin564
Yes that's the procedure. Install V2 and hit Ctrl-S.
hopefully he does something about the compression of the files. They are pretty big, after a good photoshot, i have 150 to 200 megs of pictures
#6 - Gunn
Quote from stevewhite :hopefully he does something about the compression of the files. They are pretty big, after a good photoshot, i have 150 to 200 megs of pictures

Sceenshots should be uncompressed anyway so that the user gets a high quality result. If you want smaller file sizes then convert them to JPG. If LFS compressed them for you then you wouldn't have high quality images and therefore people would resort back to conventional methods of taking screenshots instead of using the LFS feature.
If you're taking nice quality screenshots with high resolution, expect the filesizes to be big. But it is best that they are kept "raw" and at the quality you see on the screen, so you can edit them if needed. If you want quick photos at a lower filesize, taking them at 1024x768 for example, that should be like 500 to 1mb or around there. That's not so bad...

edit: and ditto to what Gunn said
points taken

ctrl S screenshot mode?
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG