The online racing simulator
Remote Dedicated Server Windows 2003
Hi

Everything runs smoothly with the Dedicated server patch but I'm still looking for some threads that cover my questions but haven't been succesfu. Probably more people have experience when hosting LFS in Windows 2003 remote dedicated servers

I am not good with coding and actually try not to mess with the default settings, I have read the readmes on the dedicated patch, but still not sure if all those extra lines mentioned in the readme are supposed to be copied and pasted over the .cfg file, or what lines can be set in there.

My main problem is, I know, for an add-on, but it is supposed to work with a command line, that is LFS stats. It asks to once in game to enter a command line, I have no idea what a command line is

I have been able to type it in my game, in my computer, but in the dedicated server of course, I have only the black ms-dos like screen which shows the server status, I have tried setting the command line in there, and even remotely from my computer, but I still get a "package" or "packet" I think, error.

Any help with setting the command lines for people running dedicated remote hosts?

Thanks in advance

Sergio
There's a dedicated server graphical user interface program that can be downloaded and used. I use it and it works well in order to make fast changes to the server without having to know the command line shorthand for everything. I originally found it in the 'tools' area of the LFS manual PDF that I downloaded. I hope this helps a little. I'd provide links, but I'm not on my home PC right now.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG