The online racing simulator
Unlocks used up because of vista!
I upgraded to vista and had lfs on a seperate partition so i wouldnt have to lose all of my things. When i installed vista, i had to unlock lfs, i figured it was no big deal. Then i went to play again, a few minutes ago, and it was locked. Again. I have no unlocks left. I activated vista sence, was this the cause. I cant really see why that would do it, just a possibilty. I have test patch v2.
#2 - Woz
Quote from stevewhite :I upgraded to vista and had lfs on a seperate partition so i wouldnt have to lose all of my things. When i installed vista, i had to unlock lfs, i figured it was no big deal. Then i went to play again, a few minutes ago, and it was locked. Again. I have no unlocks left. I activated vista sence, was this the cause. I cant really see why that would do it, just a possibilty. I have test patch v2.

It could be the cause. Vista is loaded with all sorts of DRM shite and protection code and the like, so much so that the like of ATI and Nvidia can't even properly debug their driver code because having the debugger running would fire tilt bits and reboot the graphics subsystem.

The fact you activated Vista could have changed the machine profile so that LFS thought it was on a different machine and hence force unlock again.
im out of unlocks for this month. I have it unlocked on my laptop, but thats garbage. Oh well 18 days and counting.
#4 - SamH
Contact the LFS tech support hitsquad (AKA the LFS devs) and explain the situation. They will, I'm sure, help out with an extra unlock or two. Before you attempt to unlock again, though, be sure to search the forum for other people who've had problems unlocking and staying unlocked on Vista, and follow the procedures they've set out to solve the issue.
-
(Hankstar) DELETED by Hankstar

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG