The online racing simulator
World record setups
(20 posts, started )
World record setups
Is there somewhere that I can download the setups that are used to make the world records? Ive done a search but couldnt find anything.

Cheers
thanks
is that site any good? i wanna know b4 i try to open it, my comp is megaslow, im on slow net cause i used up all my bandwith can anybody tell me b4 i download..
They are WR setups so there is at least pretty damn much potential at least

They are good, just remember that setups are a bit of personal thing. Some like a bit different setup than others and this means that not every setup suits everybody or anybody
k good point, thanks for ur help sir.
Just download this pack. It contains all setupfield-setups and is only 190KB
Quote from Rickii :is that site any good? i wanna know b4 i try to open it, my comp is megaslow, im on slow net cause i used up all my bandwith can anybody tell me b4 i download..

I was going to tell you that the site itself loads up slow when you are on a slow connection (I'm 56k dialup) and when selecting the car/track combination, that site is slow too. But when selecting the set you want to download, they are only 1k files, so they dl fast.

But, AndroidXP popped in there with a link to the entire inferno set pack. It's what I have and you will have a hard time not being able to find a set for whatever combo in there.

You may have to tweak inferno sets a bit to your driving style, but they are a great starting point (in the instance that you maybe don't like the rear being so loose or something).
Fully agree with the posts above
The team inferno setups are the only ones i have downloaded...they need a small tweak at times for personal taste/long races, but they are guaranteed to be fast if you have the driving skills to go with them
And save the set ups in your lfs/data/setups folder....

Adobe reader?????
Just make sure to extract them to LFS\data\setups, then they'll show up in the garage screen.
why would he download ALL the sets for ALL the cars...seeing as how he can only use three.

I understand why hungryhippo would, but liamjefford has no reason to. He should just download the ones that he wants...seeing as how there are only three he needs.
Kinda true, it's not like there are many combos either. But whatever
The setups are located in LFS\data\setups since patch Y, which is also the version needed for these setups. You probably have to update your version.
Quote from Matt0snap :why would he download ALL the sets for ALL the cars...seeing as how he can only use three.

I understand why hungryhippo would, but liamjefford has no reason to. He should just download the ones that he wants...seeing as how there are only three he needs.

Simple, it's a lot easier to just click "all setups" and be done with it. If it was a HUGE download I would question downloading them all but with such a tiny download why not just grab them all? I understand your motive, and you may be right but not everyone is a pirate.
Quote from RalliArtRacer :So.. i just extracted the setups into my LFS/DATA/settings folder as unless Im mistaken there is not data/setups folder.. and loaded the game and none of the setups showed. so out of boredum I made (2) new folders under LFS/DATA/ (1) being "setups" and the other being "setup" just to see if that would work.. still nothing..

ANY IDEAS?

If you're using X patch then you have to go to setupfield and click on "old setups" and then "all setups" then you have to put them into "settings" folder. The reason for this is that the abbreviations for setups got changed in patch Y.
I couple things changed from Patch X, to Patch Y.

First: The folder in which you put your setups is called "settings" in patch X
In patch Y, the same folder is called "setups"

Second: In patch X, setups were named "myset.XF_GTI"
In patch Y, setups are now named "myset.XFG" (the abbreviated word for the car"

If you download patch Y sets from inferno, and are using Patch X, you need to change the file names.
Example: Patch Y set for XRG at BL1 = BL1.XRG
Patch X set for XRG at BL1 = BL1.XR_GT
Vise-versa for using Patch Y and downloading Patch X setups.
we still have some patch X sets on the site,but u wont know until downloaded,but u can recognize from the huge negative toes.
Quote from Hyperactive :They are WR setups so there is at least pretty damn much potential at least

They are good, just remember that setups are a bit of personal thing. Some like a bit different setup than others and this means that not every setup suits everybody or anybody

To expand on that, the inferno sets are typically hotlap sets designed for one lap and will usually burn up tires within a couple laps during a regular race. Watch tire temps and adjust accordingly.

World record setups
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG