The online racing simulator
CD drive problem
(3 posts, started )
CD drive problem
I've recently been having a problem with my disc drive as it sems to be 'unable to open compressed folders'. I have an old spare disc drive so i took the side off of my pc and took out the lugs on the drive. I then realised i had brought the wrong bloody screwdriver and so had to plug the drive back in. I started up my pc again and i got the message ' windows cannot find a disc drive' which is strange.

Do i need to boot through the drive again for windows to register it even though i have just unplugged it and put the cables back in straight away?
Quote from jaws99 :I've recently been having a problem with my disc drive as it sems to be 'unable to open compressed folders'. I have an old spare disc drive so i took the side off of my pc and took out the lugs on the drive. I then realised i had brought the wrong bloody screwdriver and so had to plug the drive back in. I started up my pc again and i got the message ' windows cannot find a disc drive' which is strange.

Do i need to boot through the drive again for windows to register it even though i have just unplugged it and put the cables back in straight away?

Turn off the computer make sure the cd-rom is plugged in properly and turn it back on. If Windows does not see the cd-rom then try it in another computer if possible. Also check the bios to see if the bios sees the cd-rom.

If the bios does not see the cd-rom and assuming everything is plugged in correctly then it looks like the cd-rom is dead. Also try different IDE cables and make sure the jumpers are set correctly

Ciao
There is another button or checkbox in windows for CD drives too. I can't find it but it has something to do with updating the CD drive's information so when browsing through your folders your windows automatically updates if you insert new disc or something... But as I said I can't find it and don't remember what it is called. It's there, somewhere

(yeah, I'm sure this helped...)

CD drive problem
(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG