The online racing simulator
A Book
(70 posts, started )
A Book
No sense asking anyone when they read a book...?
What's a book?
I read regularly. Actual books too, not just road signs or leaflets
I only read when the school demands it
#5 - JTbo
Quote from Glenn67 :What's a book?

I know, I know, it is something you download here to your Palm, then you can read wonderful stories from ancient times or distant future, pretty good entertainment
Quote from shaGuar :I only read when the school demands it

i'm the same haven't been to school for over 20 years though
I read a lot - usually a book a week (or fortnight)

But Atom, please stop this. We don't need 20 stoned threads a day thanks.
Quote from Glenn67 :i'm the same haven't been to school for over 20 years though

Haha lucky bastard
Quote from JTbo :it is something you download here to your Palm

I had the entire Gutenberg project on CD about ten years ago but haven't got arround to reading even in that form

Read alot of books in my younger years but somehow can't find the time these days maybe if I didn't browse forums so much i'd have more of a chance
#10 - JTbo
Quote from Glenn67 :I had the entire Gutenberg project on CD about ten years ago but haven't got arround to reading even in that form

Read alot of books in my younger years but somehow can't find the time these days maybe if I didn't browse forums so much i'd have more of a chance

Ay yes, these forums come deep from darkness and they steal our time, arr, let's beat these creations of evil and get back to boring non interactive books

Forums are kind of books, imo. Interactive books, we are kind of part of book.
Quote from JTbo :Forums are kind of books, imo. Interactive books, we are kind of part of book.

hmm so which part of the book are you from? The dust jacket, opening line, maybe the last word? or like me somewhere lost in the sea of words unseen mostly, but occasionally bobbing to the sureface before quickly being engulfed by the next wave
#12 - JTbo
Quote from Glenn67 : hmm so which part of the book are you from? The dust jacket, opening line, maybe the last word? or like me somewhere lost in the sea of words unseen mostly, but occasionally bobbing to the sureface before quickly being engulfed by the next wave

I can't tell that, but surely everyone sees himself as main storyline and different people see someone very differently so are we then all everything?
*COUGH Atom is spaming COUGH*
Last book I read was The Wintersmith by Terry Pratchett.

I tend to read more in the summer, sitting outside with a beer and a book is great.
Quote from JTbo :I can't tell that, but surely everyone sees himself as main storyline and different people see someone very differently so are we then all everything?

Yes interesting how many ways that each of us can be seen by others or we see each other depends on from what point of view we have to start with how we see ourselves and each other makes for one interesting book I guess hmm sudenly I feel like picking up Hitch Hickers Guide to the Galaxy
Read
The Long Walk, The stand, Room 1408.

Read

A Great Canadian book, the wreck of the Gordon Lightfoot.
Quote from Glenn67 : hmm so which part of the book are you from? The dust jacket, opening line, maybe the last word? or like me somewhere lost in the sea of words unseen mostly, but occasionally bobbing to the sureface before quickly being engulfed by the next wave

I'm sure you will find that reading through AtomAnt's posts makes that book look like a My Little Pony adventure-comic.
#18 - JTbo
Read books of this guy and I'm sure you will get great value for time spend to it. Oh yes, he created Tarzan too

It is also really nice how different series are at some point connected to others.

If you then read books of H.G Wells you will found out that from quite many they have made Hollywood blockbusters. But I find his books bit less interesting that that previous guy's books.

Did I mention I do like old good scifi without horror elements best?
I read 3 or 4 books a week.
Guess i'm lucky i can read really fast (and take it all in :P)

I'll get through a 500 page novel in 5-6 hours.

Though i have to admit, since getting LFS and discovering this forum most of my reading has been in here
I just don't like most entertainment media. Most books bore me as much as most TV shows or most computer games or most pop records. I'm not a very prolific consumer.
Quote from The Moose :I'll get through a 500 page novel in 5-6 hours.

Ehh.. I dont really believe that.

That would mean that you read almost 1 and a half page per minute! I always thought reading wasnt about finishing the book very fast but realizing and thinking about its content.
Quote from zeugnimod :Ehh.. I dont really believe that.

That would mean that you read almost 1 and a half page per minute!

Hehe, i promise you it's absolutely true if im in the mood. I dont deliberately read as fast as possible, it's just how i read...and if i'm stuck into a real page turner i just fly through it. Im sure that sometimes i dont absorb every little detail, but i cant slow myself down, it's my natural reading speed for fiction.
#23 - JTbo
Quote from zeugnimod :Ehh.. I dont really believe that.

That would mean that you read almost 1 and a half page per minute! I always thought reading wasnt about finishing the book very fast but realizing and thinking about its content.

There are people that can read much faster than that and they get what book says as well as you do while you read at your own speed, well actually better

Well some can read faster than others, but usually there is some information loss, I'm very slow reader and my memory is not working at all, it is impossible for me to reach even to 50% no matter how slow I read.

Speed reading
Last book I read, and the only book I ever actually liked, was 'Black Hawk Down.' Great book, better than the movie. And, it's not based on an actual event, it IS the actual event. A History book in the form of a novel. Great read
#25 - JTbo
Quote from MAGGOT :Last book I read, and the only book I ever actually liked, was 'Black Hawk Down.' Great book, better than the movie. And, it's not based on an actual event, it IS the actual event. A History book in the form of a novel. Great read

This War of the Worlds movie that came some time ago, I find it bit odd and vague, then I read original book that it was based to and it seems to be that they left major events out from movie, no wonder it felt a bit vague.

Movie hardly ever can surpass level of book.

A Book
(70 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG