The online racing simulator
Scalextric 50th Anniversary Skins
(5 posts, started )
Scalextric 50th Anniversary Skins
Ok, here`s the deal.

When I was growing up in the late 70`s (first person to laugh gets kicked square in the nuts) my parents, and just about everyone else their age (now, horrifyingly, my age:weeping had a Scalextric track in their front room.

Those were my first memories of motor racing in any form, and due to watching those little plastic cars belting round the slots and flying off the corners night after night, I started watching formula one, and other racing on the tv soon after. I`ve always been into motor sports since, so I guess I have to blame my LFS addiction squarely on Scalextric.

So, since this is Scalextric`s 50th year of production, here`s a few skins from the time I was into it and a more modern one that fits the LX4 perfectly.

All skins are 2048x2048 and public. The 1024 versions have already been uploaded to LFSW so use `em online if you want. They`re designed to look like the original Scalextric car designs placed onto real racing cars.

There are 3 designs for the Mini`s, each available in two original colours. MINIA & MINIC are meant for the UFR, MINIB is meant for the UF1, although the skins are available for both cars.

There`s also a Caterham 30th anniversary skin for the LX4.

Due to the 12 attachment limit, this`ll have to be posted over 2 posts.

Flame or Enjoy, your choice

Credits for the UF1/R and LX4 templates go to Master Skinnerz and that rear handle/light thing on the mini`s ass go to teaz-R.

Some screenies, the LX4 skin and the 6 UFR skins...
Attached images
LX4 30th.jpg
Mini A.jpg
Mini B.jpg
Mini C.jpg
LX4_SCLX50_CAT.jpg
UFR_SCLX50_MINIA_R.jpg
UFR_SCLX50_MINIA_Y.jpg
UFR_SCLX50_MINIB_G.jpg
UFR_SCLX50_MINIB_Y.jpg
UFR_SCLX50_MINIC_G.jpg
UFR_SCLX50_MINIC_I.jpg