The online racing simulator
My own league !!!
(22 posts, started )

Poll : Would you join my league

No, I wouldn't
I don't like leagues
Yes, I would
My own league !!!
I'm thinking of creating my own league. I know I'm pretty much a noob (relatively), but I am quite entrepreneur-like and think it would be fun. I've created a website: www.mpracingleague.netfast.org, and have a plan in store for when I have the time. Would you join my league if you could?
whats a league? (im not kidding either)
Quote from Sketchyrollin564 :whats a league? (im not kidding either)

Wow. You race in STCC and don't know what a league is. Nice, man.
lolololol
#5 - axus
All I see on the website is spam and nothing about the league. Please tell us more about cars, tracks, rules etc. I run LXCC (with a bit of help from my team) and let me tell you, it ain't easy running your own league. It's a huge commitment so don't take it on unless you're sure you'll have the time.
Quote from axus :All I see on the website is spam and nothing about the league. Please tell us more about cars, tracks, rules etc. I run LXCC (with a bit of help from my team) and let me tell you, it ain't easy running your own league. It's a huge commitment so don't take it on unless you're sure you'll have the time.

First off, that's definitely not spam. Spam is ads, things for profit, and my site is not that. Secondly, the league will have a high variation of tracks, and the cars will mainly be the FOX and mid-level road-cars (i.e FXO). The league is not necessarily based on points and hard-core racing. I will be hosting many "open practice" sessions, which I find very fun, and stand-alone races. The league is designed to be a venue for competition, not really a season-like deal. The league will be quite exclusive, as my computer can only host 10 without blowing out the connection. I'd rather it be mostly a place to have fun rather than to have a no-chat, all serious, super competitive racing environment.

In conclusion, I'm saying that the server should be social yet competitive. (compare it to the Redline Racing servers). Mix those two aspects together and you're sure to have a great time.
#7 - JJ72
so you mean a club. Not a league.

if you can gather a group of like minded drivers and can think of creative things to do besides racing, might work. So far it's really vague though.
#8 - axus
Quote from BlackSheep720 :First off, that's definitely not spam. Spam is ads, things for profit, and my site is not that.

So the ads by google that I saw when I clicked on rules were a figment of my imagination?
Quote from axus :So the ads by google that I saw when I clicked on rules were a figment of my imagination?

I guess we're having the same hallucinations. I get nothing bu an ad page when I click any of the information buttons. It might just be very, very poor site design. Notice the URL destination on the buttons; they're all self referencing. Odds are that the dude failed to add "http://" in the hyperlink and the web server is using document root as a starting point.
Quote from BlackSheep720 :Wow. You race in STCC and don't know what a league is. Nice, man.

The driver in question does not appear to be an STCC league driver. Indeed he appears to be S1 licenced and therefor unable to join the STCC league, only the public servers.
Oh I get page not found messages, but dude, you have been infested... Spybot/Adaware now Theres no ads on this site, and I dont think you are hallicinating.
Quote from Becky Rose :Oh I get page not found messages, but dude, you have been infested... Spybot/Adaware now Theres no ads on this site, and I dont think you are hallicinating.

Are you talking about Axus or Blacksheep's page? I'm running AVG's anti-spybot and didn't get a blip. I ran its manual scan along with Ad-Aware and didn't see anything, either.

The Ads Axus and I are talking about are on the page which appears whenever you click on of the buttons at the top. For instance, clicking the Home button on the page send your to the URL http://[URL="http://www.mpracingleague.netfast.org/"]www.mpracingleague.netfast.org[/URL]/[URL="http://www.mpracingleague.netfast.org/"]www.mpracingleague.netfast.org[/URL] Clicking on Join send you to [url]http://[URL[/url]="http://www.mpracingleague.netfast.org/"]www.mpracingleague.netfast.org[/URL]/[URL="http://www.mpracingleague.netfast.org/"]www.mpracingleague.netfast.org[/URL]/join.htm

Both of which send the user to an ad page. If I had to guess, this site is Hosted and the ad page is the ISP/Hoster's default for 404.
#13 - Jakg
Quote from BlackSheep720 :Wow. You race in STCC and don't know what a league is. Nice, man.

...?

No-one told me he raced in the STCC (and thats odd seeing as im the "infamous" J Green!)
You are right, but...

On Firefox it shows me ads, on Avante it didn't...

Anyway I think running a league is a bad idea. Not because leagues aren't great because they are, I just dont think anyone should have to run one !

Volunteering is like giving yourself over to the Spanish Inquisition with a written statement of blasphemy. It's like walking on burning coal with your feet soaked in napalm. It's worse than ...
#15 - Gunn
All I see too is pages of spammed ads.
Quote from animal1313 :If I had to guess, this site is Hosted and the ad page is the ISP/Hoster's default for 404.

Correctamundo
Quote from Jakg :...?

No-one told me he raced in the STCC (and thats odd seeing as im the "infamous" J Green!)

He is racing on the S1 STCC server, not the actual STCC league. I've raced a few times with him on the public server.

That comment was for BlackSheep720 as well (mostly). There are 2 different STCC servers, the public licensing servers and the STCC league. I don't know if they are joined together somehow (ie, you have to work your way through the public licensing before being allowed to run in the league) but they are different.
Quote from axus :All I see on the website is spam and nothing about the league. Please tell us more about cars, tracks, rules etc. I run LXCC (with a bit of help from my team) and let me tell you, it ain't easy running your own league. It's a huge commitment so don't take it on unless you're sure you'll have the time.

This man speaks the TRUTH!! I am one of four people running the League Of The Americas, and it is a HUGE undertaking. Luckily, we've added some automation to our website that takes care of some of the labor-intensive tasks, but running a league is still a huge commitment. The same is true for a team, as I am a principal member of CoRe Racing. Forums, LFS servers, Vent servers, and the monetary accounts for each. Lot's of work.
Quote from Becky Rose :You are right, but...

On Firefox it shows me ads, on Avante it didn't...

Anyway I think running a league is a bad idea. Not because leagues aren't great because they are, I just dont think anyone should have to run one !

Volunteering is like giving yourself over to the Spanish Inquisition with a written statement of blasphemy. It's like walking on burning coal with your feet soaked in napalm. It's worse than ...

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise....
Quote from banshee56 :running a league is still a huge commitment

+1

That's the first thing I learned after launching SimRS. There is always something that needs done!
I run The LFS LeMans League, and like LOTA, it was not an easy time for the first few weeks, getting rules and whatnot down. The next season I have, which will begin in July, I am going to recruit 2-3 people as sub admins. My advice is to write down, either on paper or in MS Word or Notepad, what you want to do, where you want it to go, the rules of the league, qualifications, etc. and THEN unleash your idea to the LFS public.

Thankfully, my core of racers are wonderfully patient and loyal with few kinks I have had, and will or have hopefully spread the word!
#22 - JTbo
Volvolandia's league keeps me busy already and I do racing, hosting + some race stats + forum + etc etc for it. However I don't run this league, so part of tasks I don't need to do, better this way, shared load is something really good.

If you really start league, get some stats

My own league !!!
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG