The online racing simulator
Selling Cheap servers
(24 posts, started )
Selling Cheap servers
Im selling LFS £1.00 Per slot Acsepting SP1 SP2 & Demo.

MSN Support -- Via Me -- and XFIRE

Moving to a more powerful server after a while. Be a very short downtime about 5 minutes while changing servers.

24/7

[email protected]
k800darker
Good Luck
Thanks dunno if they are to exspensive :P.

But this is the first time i have tryed selling gaming servers

I have a few online.

555Multigaming 24.7
555Multigaming CarPark
555Multigaming Off Road

Pings a little high but there is no lagg wat so ever we have carpark full this morning and there was no lagg what so ever from the server just people with dodgee internets.

But have a look and see what you think
cant speak for everyone but i'm sure a lot of people wouldn't feel too comfortable handing money over to someone who isn't even S2 registered...
Well we are on the demo version the whole of us but we do have test servers i might set a S2 server up later
#6 - amp88
Can you provide more details (hardware and network specification in particular) please?
Well the Hard drive is not Big somwhere around 10GB.
Upstream is 50mbps downstream is 100mbps.

The place our network is hosted has 99.99% Uptime so they say we hope to stay at the 99.99%.

It runs our 555Multigaming Car Park -- Race -- Off Road servers nicely
Il stick with franky and the great deal made last night
Quote from spuddyss :Upstream is 50mbps downstream is 100mbps.

I would have thought thats VERY poor for a dedi server?
Well im not sure what the connection is on it because i have had it a month i dont worrie about those things it runs 12 people on each server no lagg at all.
Quote from spuddyss :Well im not sure what the connection is on it because i have had it a month i dont worrie about those things it runs 12 people on each server no lagg at all.

But you should "worrie" about it when you want to sell servers.
#12 - Jakg
Quote from spuddyss :Well im not sure what the connection is on it because i have had it a month i dont worrie about those things it runs 12 people on each server no lagg at all.

....i REALLY wouldn't trust someone to run a server if they didnt know what connection they had, or what pings it was giving...

You seem a bit unsure so i dont think you will get many takers. I will stick with 500Servers as all my servers from them run 20 drivers with a low ping.

Thier support is great and they are very helpful, they even test the server as the have taken the time to buy a S2 licence, something you seem to have forgotten.

Thanks, but no thanks
Im new to hosting gaming server.

They are decent servers we host them for our community 555MultiGaming as well.

We just want to make people happy by selling them decent servers.
#15 - mr_x
Another thing, you're not giving yourself such a good image with (despite not really knowing too much) is your spelling and the way you are wording posts.

To sell things like game servers you really need to have a professional image, as you're expecting people to give you their money for a service.

To me (and I'm being honest) your spelling, some grammar, and some wording of your posts shows to me you're about 16 years old (you might not be, but that's how it seems). I certainly wouldn't part any money to a 16 year old who doesn't have a clue and also can't type properly.
You are selling something, forget that you don't really know enough about what you're selling for a moment and at least give a better image of yourself to potential customers.

If you type your advertisement posts or any posts like you have been no one will want anything do to with you and you'll just get more people pulling you up about spelling and grammar.
*Rare posting*

Please dont take my post as a downer as to what you are trying to do, in the beginning, its very hard, A lot of people do think they can buy a dedi, and get straight into it, and make some money. It doesnt work like that, its a nice idea, but it really doesnt work that way.

Some things to think about:

Get an S2 Licence - People will apply more trust to those who have paid the same as them, getting licenced says your interested in being involved with the community, not just here to make a fast buck. Its the simple things that count, but over the past few months, a lot of people have been getting into hosting, and will make a post here, never to be seen or heard of again..

Think about a name for your hosting.. This is your first post:

Quote :Im selling LFS £1.00 Per slot Acsepting SP1 SP2 & Demo.

MSN Support -- Via Me -- and XFIRE

Moving to a more powerful server after a while. Be a very short downtime about 5 minutes while changing servers.

24/7

[email protected]
k800darker

It doesnt tell me:
  • Who you are
  • Why I should trust what your saying
  • Why I should part with money to you
  • What your hardware is
  • Where your hardware is
Think of a name for the service you are planning to offer, and also how you will go about offering it. Its more than just buying a server and running LFS servers from it. It takes real time and energy, and investment to make something like this a success.

You have to know what your selling, If a customer thinks for one moment you dont know what you are doing, then you will not gain their confidence.

Think of your competition, a quick search of these hosting forums found:

500servers
www.500servers.com | http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=19266

Drgservers
www.drgservers.com | http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=19692

Black Box Gaming
BlackBoxGaming.co.uk | http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=19444

HPR-Network
http://www.hpr-network.com | http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=14554

Visit their websites, see what they are pricing and offer services accordingly. I want to see more server company's Offering their services, but I also wouldnt wish any clients or potential clients to rent services from companies, or individuals who are not sure whats involved.

Ask franky500, a well known member of this community, Im sure he would share some experiences with you. Its not all plain sailing, its not easy, some hard work is involved.

I wish you the best of luck in your server rental activities, and just ask for a bit of thought before offering services to these paying people
£1 a slot? Not exactly what I'd call cheap when for the same money you can get a 24 slot S2 server for two months.
#19 - ukg
Hmmm, definately need to learn a little from 500servers about how they do things. You cant jump into things like this without even a general knowledge of what it is your actually doing, or how much you should charge.

500 Servers is a well established, well ran and managed, and very reliable host, with very cheap servers (and absolutely fantastic web hosting too, with cP access).

Its going to be difficult to get yourself any custom if you dont start at the same level as ''competitors'', and try to build on what they are doing.

Wheres your website? Wheres your support forums? Lets get the basics out of the way first....
#20 - Davo
lol @ the thread topic. 1p a slot isn't 'cheap'
#21 - Jakg
1p a slot - 23p servers = cheap!

He said £1 a slot tho
i don't think franky wanted to say this, but he did have problems too. but he sorted them out (super fast) he nearly lost 500severs once (not in a poker game) but franky being franky, he bounced back and now 500servers is better than ever imo.
Quote from dadge :i don't think franky wanted to say this, but he did have problems too. but he sorted them out (super fast) he nearly lost 500severs once (not in a poker game) but franky being franky, he bounced back and now 500servers is better than ever imo.

ur right. it was in Chess.

All of the replies are right though. Just take a good look at what it is your selling. Give people as much information as you can and just check out what the competition are doing. It is not as easy as many people think but you just got to stick at it. Research what your selling, Find out whats wanted / needed and make sure you know how to answer questions / fix problems when they arise (they will arise).
#24 - Gunn
Quote from spuddyss :
We just want to make people happy by selling them decent servers.

Are you a registered business? Do you have credit card facilities? What are your policies and procedures to deal with customer service, complaints, refunds etc?

Selling Cheap servers
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG