The online racing simulator
Tyre mass
(10 posts, started )
Tyre mass
While decreasing tyre wear, tyre should become lighter.

Suspension will be affected due to less unsprung mass.
Acceleration will be affected due to lower diameter of wheel and overall lower car mass.

Just thought about that after Kubica disqualification. His tyres where completely wear out, and bolid was 2kg to light.
Have you tested to see if these things are already included?

I've never noticed these things, but that may be more due to the fact that fuel and tire temps play a much bigger role in the activity of the car, while the effect of the tires(excluding grip levels) is of secondary order.

man, deja vu.
I dont know if this is true, but with some cars (eg: FOX) i actually notice this.
In longer races, the car becomes faster when the tires become thinner.
Dunno if its a bug or my mind playing tricks or even this functionality
I'm pretty sure the tyre diameter is already taken into account.
Quote from sweetreid :Have you tested to see if these things are already included?

No, I will try maybe, but it could be usefull to have full list of things implemented in LFS already. It would be nice advert of LFS by itself.
For example how can somebody know that there is tyre pressure changing by inner air heat? And how do I know I'm pumping +0,1bar to actual pressure or pressure in 'starting race' temp (diff for normal and slicks)? Is pumped air cooling inner air temp down? Am I offtopic? :shhh:

Quote from AndroidXP :I'm pretty sure the tyre diameter is already taken into account.

Point for you
Quote from tiagolapa :I dont know if this is true, but with some cars (eg: FOX) i actually notice this.
In longer races, the car becomes faster when the tires become thinner.
Dunno if its a bug or my mind playing tricks or even this functionality

LOL, you probably had a lot less fuel by the time the tires wore out

Quote :No, I will try maybe, but it could be usefull to have full list of things implemented in LFS already. It would be nice advert of LFS by itself.
For example how can somebody know that there is tyre pressure changing by inner air heat? And how do I know I'm pumping +0,1bar to actual pressure or pressure in 'starting race' temp (diff for normal and slicks)? Is pumped air cooling inner air temp down? Am I offtopic?

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=280003#post280003
An official list from the man himself would be stellar!
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :LOL, you probably had a lot less fuel by the time the tires wore out

but really, its possible to do much faster lap times by the end of races with fox than in qualification with low fuel. But i think you already know that
Quote from tiagolapa :

but really, its possible to do much faster lap times by the end of races with fox than in qualification with low fuel. But i think you already know that

Yes, actually I have noticed that but I never clued in to the fact that this could be why

We know that tire size affects mass since bigger tires in LFSTweak adds quite a bit of weight. One could test it with huge tires, wear them out with a few burnouts, and take mass readings from.... outsim? I don't know.
Quote from AndroidXP :Scawen said so

E: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=52917#post52917

Quote from Scawen : It's only a few psi difference when the tyre gets quite a lot hotter.

I read at some car sites, that tyre with 200kpa (2,0 bar) in 20*C will have 266kpa (2,66 bar) in 80*C. Which is suitable for slicks. The difference is about 10psi, wchich is not that tiny.

Another info: 20*C @ ~2,2bar --> ~1,5bar in -15*C [happened to me, same conditions and pressures]

Tyre mass
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG