The online racing simulator
Car Skins?
(5 posts, started )
Car Skins?
I want to design my own skin for my car sand have no idea how?
Could someone please give me the low down. Im a designer who uses photoshop and im sure this is the program you use. Heeeeelp

thanks
#3 - Gunn
LFS skins are JPG files. If you already are adept at using software like Photoshop then all you should need is the knowledge of a few "tricks" like compensating for stretching.

Something else that may help you to save a lot of time is the Master Skinnerz kits, which are PSD files containing accurate templates and wireframe guide to help you with wrapping and placement of graphics like logos.

It is also important to know that you can upload skins to LFS World so that other licensed users can download them in-game and therefore see your skin online. LFS World skins need to be 1024 x 1024 pixels and no larger than 400KB (else they will be compressed by LFS World, which is something you should avoid).
LFS World also resizes skins to 512 x 512 but locally you can use larger sizes like 1024 x 1024.
Many skinners create their skins at 2048 x 2048 pixels before resizing them down to 1024 x 1024. Creating skins firstly at the larger resolution helps you to achieve better detail even when resizing down to 1024 or 512.

You can use our skin section on these forums to display your work or get opinions.

Good luck and have fun!
Another useful link in the skinning trade is brands of the world (link in my sig) which offers thousands of logos in .eps vector format for FREE! just scroll to the bottom search for what you want download it and open it up to use however you want
thanks guys!! your all great

Car Skins?
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG