The online racing simulator
LRF Server
(139 posts, started )
LRF Server
STCC has opened an LRF server as a trial, the server requires a platinum STCC race license and has restricted driver aids. It can be found here: [url="lfs://|STCC%203b%20Event%202%20&%20Platinum|0|S2|/"]STCC3b Event 2 Platinum[/url].
wtf is lrf
#3 - joen
#4 - herki
Bah. Now I have a reason not to stay with silver
This is gonna be tiresome
#5 - Fetzo
platinum!?

too bad, that i don't have the time to race that much. isn't gold enough to prove my racing qualities or is this just a reward for endurance?
#6 - Bean0
Hmmmm, interesting
will this replace the lrf club server ?
-
(Kajojek(PL)) DELETED by Kajojek(PL)
Quote from LFSn00b : So i can beat everyone in a RAC

Sure you will... Sorry but Im just tired of you constantly bragging about your driving skills and how great you and your team is, and also about your unofficial wr on some rally track which was probably done by being pushed by a faster car or cutting. In my eyes, youre just a little gloater who cant drive a single car. Not saying that Im good either but atleast I dont pretend to be whenever I can.

Sorry all for my post but im just fed up with this "Oh ahh I'm soooo good, I will beat everybody, ohhh ahhh my team is sooo great."
#9 - th84
Quote from Kajojek(PL) :Sure you will... Sorry but Im just tired of you constantly bragging about your driving skills and how great your team is, and also about your unofficial wr on some rally track which was probably done by being pushed by a faster car or cutting. In my eyes, youre a little gloater who thinks he's great.

Sorry all for my post but im just fed up with this "Oh ahh I'm soooo good, I will beat everybody, ohhh ahhh my team is sooo great."

:wow:

kajojek---------> :slap:<----------lfsnoob
#10 - SamH
Quote from Shotglass :will this replace the lrf club server ?

This is completely separate from the Odd Compo server group. That's a UKCT initiative, although I think it's going to get pulled shortly. I said I'd try it out to see the response, and I have
Quote from Kajojek(PL) :In my eyes, youre just a little gloater who cant drive a single car. Not saying that Im good either but atleast I dont pretend to be whenever I can.

Maybe he's doing the "Reverse Kev", an ironic declaration of superiority?

But to be honest I still am shit, I just got lucky and hammered a few quite quick people lately.

Quote from SamH :This is completely separate from the Odd Compo server group. That's a UKCT initiative, although I think it's going to get pulled shortly. I said I'd try it out to see the response, and I have

It's nice to see the LRFs getting a go, but it's a shame it requires time spent dedicated to the FXO to get a go. I would imagine most LRF fans (if they're anything like me anyway) probably find the FXO one of the least interesting cars in the sim.
#12 - SamH
Quote from thisnameistaken :It's nice to see the LRFs getting a go, but it's a shame it requires time spent dedicated to the FXO to get a go. I would imagine most LRF fans (if they're anything like me anyway) probably find the FXO one of the least interesting cars in the sim.

The OCC LRF server didn't need a special licence to run, but never got visited. I did kinda predict that, though

On the STCC, you're better off never getting in an FXO, if you want a Platinum licence. XRT gets you 5x the point score. The RB4 gets you 4x points.

I hope this server takes off. I like the LX6 a lot. Platinum licence holders do kick ass as drivers. Don't take my word for it.. if you don't believe me, just ask one of them
Quote from SamH :This is completely separate from the Odd Compo server group. That's a UKCT initiative, although I think it's going to get pulled shortly. I said I'd try it out to see the response, and I have

didnt either becky or you post at some time that you had an idea to make them more popular ?
i dont fancy the idea that i have to level (which i hate) for quite a while only to get into what might become the only lrf server with a userbase larger than 2
Quote from SamH :The OCC LRF server didn't need a special licence to run, but never got visited. I did kinda predict that, though

I haven't been online much lately, been depressingly busy with work.

Quote from SamH :On the STCC, you're better off never getting in an FXO, if you want a Platinum licence. XRT gets you 5x the point score. The RB4 gets you 4x points.

I was of the understanding that the FXO was the only car you could drive if you had a "silver" license. I got as far as that license, found out I had to drive the FXO and promptly packed the whole thing in.

Quote from SamH : I hope this server takes off. I like the LX6 a lot. Platinum licence holders do kick ass as drivers. Don't take my word for it.. if you don't believe me, just ask one of them

I'm a big LX fan as I'm sure you know, so I'll be pissed off to discover that there's finally a busy LX6 server but I'm not allowed on it because I didn't want to race the FXO or take part in the MMO game that's been running lately due to personal differences with the proprietor.

I should just **** this sim off now.
#15 - SamH
Quote from Shotglass :didnt either becky or you post at some time that you had an idea to make them more popular ?
i dont fancy the idea that i have to level (which i hate) for quite a while only to get into what might become the only lrf server with a userbase larger than 2

Yep, we did have a plan to basically build up the Odd Compo server group to run a weekly competition.. but not like the STCC , because there was never any plan to restrict access or reward success (save for an announcement at the beginning of every race about last week's winner and a website given over to a history of "names in lights").

The API has been coded and the database has been created, and is ready to receive data but Becky has been very busy of late, and so the project has rightly taken a back seat. But because the servers have sat completely empty apart from the UKCT drivers I've bullied into joining me, with just about nobody being interested no matter how long I sat in there on my own, the project is all but defunkt anyway, and I've not bothered to nag Becky about the .exe.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I was of the understanding that the FXO was the only car you could drive if you had a "silver" license. I got as far as that license, found out I had to drive the FXO and promptly packed the whole thing in.

It was, earlier on in the project, but we were inundated with an email asking if we'd reassess the points system in the Silver & Gold. We did, and we changed it. The change was thoroughly covered in another thread that probably got deleted.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Maybe he's doing the "Reverse Kev", an ironic declaration of superiority?

But to be honest I still am shit, I just got lucky and hammered a few quite quick people lately.

Of course youre shit, everybody knows that!.......... [pause]......... "NOT!!!"

Maybe he is doing an ironic declaration but for how long will it continue? It's just getting boring. Also his claims about driving lancer 200 kmph and about getting drunk few times.... meh, dont feel like commenting it.
#17 - axus
Nice! Well I'd best get myself that platinum license... Just make sure Aston Historic Rev is one of the combos. That track rules in an LX6.
I will tweak this server soon to allow access to lower licenses with some cars. I am not overtly familiar with the LRF cars aside from safety car driving so I need to put some thought in and check some stats etc before I set all that up. Atm the server is there with settings that allowed us to use it as an event server, but the system allows me to run multiple configs for different cars so it's not a problem.

Quote :I didn't want to race the FXO or take part in the MMO game that's been running lately due to personal differences with the proprietor.

So you are telling me I should not open an LRF server and try to make it popular because you dont like me?

Why the hell are you even posting? The door is over there.

I've seen you on the servers several times btw, I didn't say or do anything to interfere with your enjoyment to my knowledge: Kev's "I dont go to those ... Becky" race license
Looking at a sample of WR's it seems to me that the LX6 is fastest, and the RAC and FZ5 are about even. I am therefor considering the following setup.

LX6: Platinum License
RAC: Gold License
FZ5: Gold License

As a trial, i'll consider putting LX4's in there too with a Silver License and a big points multiplyer. Likewise the LX6 will have a smaller multiplyer than the other cars. I'll allow driving aids on the LX4.

How does this sound?
Sounds OK to me, it's easy enough to change in the future if needed isn't it ?

Will you be banning TC in the FZ50 ?
Looking at the WR's it seems comparable to the RAC with it on, should it not stay?

As I mentioned earlier i'm no expert in these cars, so i'll take a community lead on that. If you want it banned i'll look into the insim functionality to achieve it.
The FZ50 really doesn't need TC (IMO). It's more of a hindrance from having fun than anything else.
Quote from Becky Rose :Looking at a sample of WR's it seems to me that the LX6 is fastest, and the RAC and FZ5 are about even. I am therefor considering the following setup.

LX6: Platinum License
RAC: Gold License
FZ5: Gold License

As a trial, i'll consider putting LX4's in there too with a Silver License and a big points multiplyer. Likewise the LX6 will have a smaller multiplyer than the other cars. I'll allow driving aids on the LX4.

How does this sound?

good apart from the red part

Bean0: [stcc]Bean0[/stcc] <-- wow, gratulations
Sounds good now with the possibility to drive with gold lisence

The RA is defenately the slowest (and hardest) while LX6 is usually the fastest with easiest to drive-consistantly tire and fuel consumption. The RA eats tires fast if you let it slide and the FZ50 usually heats the rear tires quite fast as well. In short races the LX6 is always the car to beat, however with fast people in FZ50s the races can be quite close. The RA is usually not able to keep up, sadly. :/
Quote from herki :good apart from the red part

Bean0: [stcc]Bean0[/stcc] <-- wow, gratulations

I hadn't noticed that part about aids...Ban them, ban them all *Evil Laughter*

Cheers Herki, it took some doing

LRF Server
(139 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG