The online racing simulator
I dont get it [...connecting to a hidden host...]
Sorry , this is a stupid question , but I'm a bit stumped ,

How can I connect to a dedi server that is not using the master server but I know the IP adress ?

If I type in the ip in the "join Specific game" field it just says host not found on master server . Must all internet games go through the master server ?

I cant say local game because then the ip is invalid

Any help would be apreciated

P.S If you dont use the master server does it record pb's etc ?
Uhmm

Try "join specific game" and type the server name instead of the ip ? Dunno really but hope it helps
Try a LAN (local?) game, type in the IP, make sure the port is the same as the server, should work ok.
#4 - jmkz
just use the servername, works perfect, make sure the server name is using simple text "race server #1" will do find;

no need to go through lan options
I understand all this , but what if I dont want to use the master server , that is the problem ..... there seems to be no way to join a server over the net directly without it using the master server with a name given to it
Quote from ButterTyres :Try a LAN (local?) game, type in the IP, make sure the port is the same as the server, should work ok.

wont work ...only ip in the 10.x.x.x and 192.x.x and 172.x.x.x work and that wont be the ip of the server over the net
I dunno, this may be related.
Quote from AndroidXP :I dunno, this may be related.

Ok I can live with that , just strange that all other games one can specify the IP
You must use the master server, but use the "hidden" option. Then no-one can see your game in the list, but they can join if they know the name. This is the LFS solution for online to enforce the licensing system. There is no reason to want to be online and not use the master server, because that's exactly what the hidden option is for.

At LFS we sell licenses... and a license can only be online one at a time - therefore it must go through the master server. Other game developers seem to actually sell "bytes", on a cd. Our "bytes" are free, only some of them you need a license to see...
Quote from Scawen :You must use the master server, but use the "hidden" option. Then no-one can see your game in the list, but they can join if they know the name. This is the LFS solution for online to enforce the licensing system. There is no reason to want to be online and not use the master server, because that's exactly what the hidden option is for.

At LFS we sell licenses... and a license can only be online one at a time - therefore it must go through the master server. Other game developers seem to actually sell "bytes", on a cd. Our "bytes" are free, only some of them you need a license to see...

Thanks for clearing it up Scawen
Quote from noemfie :wont work ...only ip in the 10.x.x.x and 192.x.x and 172.x.x.x work and that wont be the ip of the server over the net

Oh yeah I forgot that! I noticed when I tried to play LFS over a APIPA network (where Windows guesses the IP range within 169.x.x.x range), obviously LFS errored when I used that IP.

Of course you can only do hidden games :doh:

Good to see you scawen

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG