The online racing simulator
Momo Racing Black - Centering Problem [HELP]
Hello!
I've got a Momo for what 4-5 months now?
Had some troubles with the throttle pedal but "solved" it using DXTweak2 (Windows XP here).

Now... the momo is well know for it's pedal issues, right?
Ok.

But... isn't the wheel pretty "solid"?
I mean, it's got an optical system for centering and all that, right?
So there's pretty much no "mechanical wear" on that system, right?

But now my wheel decided to decalibrate itself in the middle of the game...
I go to the garage and it's all fine, take the car for a spin and a few minutes after that the wheel goes a lil off center to the left...

Now, i've tried using the Clear Calibration software and reinstalled my drivers too.

There's even a "MomoTweak" app on the Wingman team website but it doesn't work with WinXP (it seems).

I've tried recalibrating the wheel on LFS too, of course.
In fact i always recalibrate my axis everytime i open up the game.

Tried leaving the "Calibration Lock" on too (used to have it always off).

Still, nothing worked.

Now.. i don't know what else to do, any suggestions before i throw it out in the garbage bin?

Thanks.
Just to give it a better statement:
It's an "intermittent" (sp?) issue.

It's not like i can't get to center it.
It does get centered "alright".

The problem is that then suddenly it gets off center.
And then (sometimes after recalibrating, sometimes even just going to the garage and then back to the track) it gets centered again.

So... i can't set a value on the DXTweak, for instance, for it to interpret that keepin' the wheel at a given angle should be more to the left/right... you know?

I need something to keep it centered all the time, i mean, something which doens't let it lose it's centering.

I'm using the 4.60 driver.
Yes, I have had the centering problem as well. I had always cleared it with the clear calibration utility. It hasn't happened to me in a very long time.

Are you using at least the 4.60 version of the drivers? I can't remember, but it could have been that I had earlier than 4.60 when I had the centering problem.

Are you using the profiler? I had quit using the profiler around the time I quit seeing the centering problem as well. The profiler would kick my FF off at very unfortunate times like in the middle of hour long LX6 league races.

Do you calibrate within LFS every time you start a session? I leave calibration lock off in LFS options and every time I start the program before I leave the garage I give each pedal a full deflection and I turn the wheel fully to each side.

Like I said, I have had the centering problem in the past, but haven't seen it in a very long time. I don't use DXTweak for any fixes. I fixed my pedals with a simple wrap of electrical insulation tape.

Hope I may have helped in some way. Good luck.
Yeah, i'm using the 4.60 driver (always been).
Well, if i disable (do not fire it up) the profiler... will my wheel configurations stand?

I mean, ive set some things on, some off, altered some values, all in the profiler.

If i don't fire it up... what will happen?

And... was your problem exactly like mine?
If it was, well, i've got some hope yet, since you managed to solve your problem...

ps: since if i don't use the profiler i will lose some keybinds... what could i use to assign the F10-F11 keys to the wheels' buttons? but that's not such a problem... wheel centering is hehe
#5 - th84
Ive had the same problem for month's now. In the middle of a race/lap certain bump's (ie. that bumpy section right after the finish line of fe black, and right after the first split at blackwood) will cause my wheel to go off center for whatever reason. If I make a pit stop or shift+s, all is fine...until I hit those bump's again. Latest driver's and no profiler. I havent been able to figure it out yet, I just deal with it now.

It come's in handy when I need a excuse for being such a crappy driver.
Have you looked through what all you can configure in LFS? There is quite a bit. And if you are worried about binds, when I wanted them pre-availability in LFS, I used Joy2Key.exe (google search). Anything specific about the wheel itself such as FF strength or damping action can be done in start>control panel>gaming options.

Really, the only thing the profiler is good for is if you run multiple racing sims/games and have completely different FF settings for each.

I really don't remember if you can bind F10-11 keys or not.

I really didn't solve anything with my wheel. I had the problem, which I would just notice out of the blue that my wheel was not centered. I would temporarily fix it with the clear calibration utility. I don't even know when I quit having the problem, I just don't have it anymore. All I can tell you is I use to have the drivers originally from the CD that came with the wheel and I use to use the profiler. It's been well over a year now which is why I can't pinpoint when it was "fixed" but I can tell you around then I updated to 4.60 and quit using the profiler, that is all.

If you don't play any other racing games/sims, you could try using Joy2Key for the button binds. Nearly everything else you could possibly want on a button can be done within LFS. I just don't trust the profiler anymore because the LX6 in an hour long race at FE Green was very difficult without forcefeedback.
Quote from Meanie :There's even a "MomoTweak" app on the Wingman team website but it doesn't work with WinXP (it seems).

Hmmm which one did you try?

The MOMO Centering Utility always worked fine for me in Windows XP and my MOMO wheels.
Quote from Tweaker :Hmmm which one did you try?

The MOMO Centering Utility always worked fine for me in Windows XP and my MOMO wheels.

MOMORacingFixCenter works.
But it made my wheel crazy when enabled so.. i couldn't use it.

The other centering software from wingman team doesn't work but i'm almost sure that it's because it only works with 4.40 and lower drivers.

th84, that's EXACTLY my problem.
But, sometimes it happens cause of a bump, sometimes it's just out of the blue, really.

I raced today about 4 hours and had the problem one time, after almost 3 hours and then not again.

About not using the profiler, i could do that, i'm not that worried about the binds, it's the "other stuff" that i'm worried about. Does anybody know something about what i'm talking about? I'm talking about the other settings.

I want to know what happens if i dont open up the profiler, if those settings stored there are used cause that was the last thing my wheel knew or what.

And... is the profiler harmful, can it be? (as mrodgers showed us) Or is it rare to behave like that/cause that kind of problem?
Quote from Meanie :About not using the profiler, i could do that, i'm not that worried about the binds, it's the "other stuff" that i'm worried about. Does anybody know something about what i'm talking about? I'm talking about the other settings.

What other stuff are you talking? The sliders for the FF strength, Spring effect strength, and damper effect? Those are all available with the drivers in the Windows control panel (Start > Control Panel > Game controllers).

I had the force feedback cut out on me on several occasions. I just quit using it. It is really only useful if you run many different games that you use completely different slider settings. The only thing you don't have in the windows options that you have in the profiler is the pedal sensitivity setting, but I had never changed them from default.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG