The online racing simulator
Quote from T-6 TURBO :and XCNuse wtf part of YOU CAN MODIFY THE GTR'S TO MAKE A DRIFT CAR ( ANOTHER WORDS U CAN CHANGE SETTINGS TO MAKE IT SLIDE BETTER) SO IN CONTRAST... U DONT KNOW WAT UR TALKING ABOUT SO PLZZ DO UR SELF A FAVOR AND

The GTRs cars are race specced cars. They are NOT meant to drift/slide. They are meant to grip and go as fast as possible around a race track. How hard is that to understand? Don't complain about a GTR car being hard to drift. Go drift with the XRT. Or the RAC, or FZ5. They drift just fine.

Why haven't you understood that yet after nearly 2 pages of discussion?

Why? Hmm, I think Tristan nailed it, to be honest
Quote from XCNuse :<JGTC>

The JGTC use a different set of technical regulations and their cars are more heavily modified. JGTC cars are pretty much silhouettes.
XCN.. not sure why you're even bothering replying to someone that has such an appalling grasp over the English language. Not like you can have a decent conversation with it.

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Ian.H :XCN.. not sure why you're even bothering replying to someone that has such an appalling grasp over the English language. Not like you can have a decent conversation with it.

Regards,

Ian

i dont think i understand why you post to comment on a post but still leave nothing to further on the topic at hand

its a forum ian, its quick chatting and getting to a point, there is no need to be exact and precise with wordding and so forth, yes it may help, and sometimes i do it, othertimes i just try to put down the facts and thats all that matters when you're trying to prove a point
KillerMonkey ....lol do u smoke crack, how many times do i have to say. I already know wat the GTR car is for!!!!!!!!!! I already know how to drift it (with my set). But others that would like to drift it dont know how there for the bigger tires option would make it easier for them. I have a chose to do wtf i wanna do with any car at any time.SO once again I already know wat the original purpose of it is. God damn.....some of you people must be high,drunk or just plain old stupid/slow in the head. So no one else tell me wat its for b cuz i already know, but regardless imma still drift

Lagoosh I agree 100% at what u said that is a good idea
#56 - joen
You can do whatever you want in LFS, nobody is telling you what you are allowed to do and what not.
It's just that you request to have options for a car which it would never have in real life. And since LFS tends to stay true to realism, it simply won't happen.

I can take a BF1 or FOX to a rally course, that would not mean me requesting rally tires for them would make sense.
Quote from XCNuse :and do what?

I think...and I am at this point just assuming! that he wants you to put two pieces of tape over your mouth, shave your head and eybrows, cut off your ears and turn beet red.

Quote from T-6 TURBO :I already know how to drift it (with my set).

May you please make a single player replay and post on this thread? We would like to see the validity of your statement. Also, your argument for your point of view would be reinforced better by the use of, at the very least, by the use of proper wording and punctuation.
#58 - Woz
Quote from T-6 TURBO :I already know wat the GTR car is for!!!!!!!!!! I already know how to drift it (with my set). But others that would like to drift it dont know how there for the bigger tires option would make it easier for them. I have a chose to do wtf i wanna do with any car at any time.SO once again I already know wat the original purpose of it is. God damn.....some of you people must be high,drunk or just plain old stupid/slow in the head. So no one else tell me wat its for b cuz i already know, but regardless imma still drift

Right, So you know the the following

1) GTR cars are race cars NOT drift cars (Two VERY VERY different things)
2) How to drift GTR cars using your setups.

So WHY do you want these tires again.

Finally
------
You say you have to be out of control to drift?

On the rare times I do drift the only time I find myself out of control is when I loose it and crash. If you are out of control you are NOT DRIFTING AT ALL, it just means you have pushed the car beyond you level of skill and you are a wreck waiting to happen. You will not be able to find a single drift judge anywhere in the world that will say. "That driver has lost control, only the best drivers can do that he must be the winner. I wish I could crash like that"

Sorry but couldn't resist that. "You must be out of control to be in control" what BS is that?
Quote from XCNuse :its a forum ian, its quick chatting and getting to a point, there is no need to be exact and precise with wordding and so forth, yes it may help, and sometimes i do it, othertimes i just try to put down the facts and thats all that matters when you're trying to prove a point

No, it's a matter of education and self-respect. Unfortunately, I guess you being a kid, probably don't understand this as you've been brought up with it. When I was at school, we had a proper education where we were taught correct spelling and grammar.

If anyone types a reply like "u dnt know w/ ur tlkng about" seriously doesn't even warrant a reply. That might have been all well and good for mobile phones where text messages were limited to 160 characters, but as you rightly say, this is a forum, there is no such limitation, therefore no need for that kind of "shortcut" text at all.

Regards,

Ian
i still dont see what you're trying to get at, i have more respectable grammar here than a fair ammount of people

btw, i dont have texting anyway thus i dont use the .. hey u 2 etc.
Quote from XCNuse :i have more respectable grammar here than a fair ammount of people

That itself is an example of imperfect grammar. My favourite has to be the small letter "I".
.... not you too!

but no really.. must he interupt this thread just to point out that I specifically have slight issues when I'm trying to type quickly to voice my opinion?

(bob, i rarely capitalize I for speed )

maybe some stripes and nos stickers on my hand will make me type faster huh?
It doesn't take that long to push shift while you hit another key, does it? Do you type / instead of ? because it saves time?

Just stirring
Quote from XCNuse :i still dont see what you're trying to get at, i have more respectable grammar here than a fair ammount of people

My comment wasn't aimed at you regarding the _actual_ text used (please re-read my post), just for excusing it.. and of course, "my grammar is more respectable than others" you meant to say, right?

Quote :btw, i dont have texting anyway thus i dont use the .. hey u 2 etc.

I don't think I've seen you use "txt spk" but it seems the kids of today are all at it.. including my 10 year old (who gets corrected as and when required).. but "texting" is not a word either!!

It seriously makes me wonder what kind of teachers they employ at schools these days.. assuming kids actually go to school as that's probably "not k00l" or something.

As for the topic, it's moot.

Regards,

Ian
lol if this was school i'd be screwed, but its not so .. I..... time consumption... dont type in perfect grammar

oh by the way, texting is a word, but in not so in this case
(either way, that is what they call it in the world of phone services)

I.. okay let me just say something about this shift button, its not that its time consuming really, its just in a bad place and somewhat hard to hit with my pinky finger and just.. overall not much fun to press

anyways, about middway through 8th grade I just gave up on the shortcut words and began hating them, for the obvious reasons of which.. 1 majority of time there are multiple meanings, 2 does it really take that long to type what you're thinking? 3 how old are you again...?
theres like 45 thread on this. EDIT: LOL at shims sig
Quote from XCNuse :lol if this was school i'd be screwed, but its not so .. I..... time consumption... dont type in perfect grammar

heh, slips happen, much like typos and I make mistakes myself too, but someone deliberately typing "ur" or "r u 2?" is just plain uneducated or lazy.

Quote :oh by the way, texting is a word, but in not so in this case
(either way, that is what they call it in the world of phone services)

Bah.. fair enough, seems they've recently(?) added this to the dictionary for that meaning.. but it's just plain wrong IMO.. but it's there, so I can't argue. Damn.. it seems that even "texted" is now in the dictionary! Jesus Christ, what has the English language come to

Quote :anyways, about middway through 8th grade I just gave up on the shortcut words and began hating them, for the obvious reasons of which.. 1 majority of time there are multiple meanings, 2 does it really take that long to type what you're thinking? 3 how old are you again...?

Good to hear you did, it really does make people look like a fool if there's not a legitimate reason for it.

The one that I _really_ don't understand is 'w/' for "with".. someone, please explain to me how that even remotely makes logical sense.

If #3 was a serious question, we'll just say old enough but that I've long left school

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Ian.H :The one that I _really_ don't understand is 'w/' for "with".. someone, please explain to me how that even remotely makes logical sense.

lol, surprisingly, the whole lot of this derived from my parent's generation, during the era of the typewriters in which shorthand was a certain must, and it has come to today in which everything is shortened to make more use of just a letter or a number

but back in the mid 1900s, shorthand was (and still is today actually) an aspect that keeps businesses up and running as fast as possible

but back in the day, shorthand typerwriters (the best ones at that) I believe could type faster than I can today, somewhere over 60 WPM which is extremely surprising using a typewriter (over the years i've lost some of my speed I guess, I used to be able to type around 70+ WPMs, but now its somewhere around the mid 40s)

(oh and one last thing, those questions were really meant to be rhetorical lol [for the people that do type like that])
Quote from XCNuse :lol, surprisingly, the whole lot of this derived from my parent's generation, during the era of the typewriters in which shorthand was a certain must, and it has come to today in which everything is shortened to make more use of just a letter or a number

but back in the mid 1900s, shorthand was (and still is today actually) an aspect that keeps businesses up and running as fast as possible

but back in the day, shorthand typerwriters (the best ones at that) I believe could type faster than I can today, somewhere over 60 WPM which is extremely surprising using a typewriter (over the years i've lost some of my speed I guess, I used to be able to type around 70+ WPMs, but now its somewhere around the mid 40s)

Ahh now shorthand I understand (well, the concept.. it may as well be Russian for all I can read of it).. my Mum's a secretary and they even had shorthand classes back in her day, but there's a big difference! Shorthand was (and still is) used for taking notes normally when someone else is dictating to them. They then take those notes and type up correctly coherent letters etc. I can just see the look on my Mum's boss's face (a Solicitor) if she decided to send clients reams of shorthand instead of letters

There's no excuse for "u r" and the likes by kids, none at all.

Quote :(oh and one last thing, those questions were really meant to be rhetorical lol [for the people that do type like that])

heh fair enough.. it was only #3 I wasn't sure about and only then as I'd mentioned my 10 year old so it was kind of relevant

Regards,

Ian
#70 - JJ72
Quote from T-6 TURBO :I have a chose to do wtf i wanna do with any car at any time.

If you do, you won't be here begging for new tires.

blah, face it. This is not going to happen, go learn some coding.
Quote from T-6 TURBO :KillerMonkey ....lol do u smoke crack, how many times do i have to say. I already know wat the GTR car is for!!!!!!!!!! I already know how to drift it (with my set). But others that would like to drift it dont know how there for the bigger tires option would make it easier for them. I have a chose to do wtf i wanna do with any car at any time.SO once again I already know wat the original purpose of it is. God damn.....some of you people must be high,drunk or just plain old stupid/slow in the head. So no one else tell me wat its for b cuz i already know, but regardless imma still drift

Lagoosh I agree 100% at what u said that is a good idea

No, I don't smoke crack and I don't take that accusation very kindly. I would appreciate it if you stopped saying such things against me (and other people in the forum).

Now.. bigger tires won't help drifting at all and if a GTR is too hard to drift for a beginner, that beginner should simply choose a car that's easier to drift, like the XRT. Also, the fact that a GTR is too hard to drift mostly lies in the fact that it has a very small steering lock and not because it uses slicks exclusively. Many drifters use slicks in reality, you know?
in my opinion the only problem with drifting a gtr car is only the fact that in lfs the slicks wear out / overheats too fast. a good drifter can compensate the lack of steering angle with an understeered setup or other techniques. i guess if we could use normal tires on the gtrs the fun would last longer.
remember what the drift king said: "Theres always a way to drift any car."

btw i suggest opening a thread about the Live For Speed - Stage Drift version.
maybe it would solve all of our problems.
try to keep it on topic lads, remember back on page 1 we were told so by the thread creator.
oh and ian, check the txt in phones, it's not kool, it's book (predictive text confusses cool with book and now kids are saying book instead of cool) damn kids. i'm glad i was never one :P

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG