The online racing simulator
lol ya
Maybe it would be nice if we had an LFS "SD". Separate from the race versions (S1, S2), with different cars (maybe three cars with different bodykits / glamour wings, whatever). Then we wouldn't get the constant clash of drifters and racers in the improvement suggestions forum, the devs would get bonus drifter cash, etc. I suppose it would only really take time out of Eric's schedule to do if the physics and tracks were the same as S2...

I don't know, just an idea.
ok so far you've shown to me you dont know all to much about drifting lol

i've only watched 1 season (not even the whole one at that) and that was several years ago and i remember his names (surprisingly, i can't remember names for crap)

anyways, just a start off.. you're running a race you aren't going to win against me here

ok so here we go, a drift car.. from what i've come across, almost all drift cars are cars you can buy for $30,000 or less, the most expensive i have ever seen is the Mopar Viper driven by Sam Hubinett (believe thats how you spell his last name), that is an $80,000 car, thats just 1 car... of the hundreds of drift cars i have seen, 99% of them are... generally speaking; toyotas, nissans, and some hondas
and they typically produce averagely around 400 hp
this is a drift car, its a 240sx with a silvia body kit (and i would love to have a car that looks just like that lol) http://www.feslerproductions.c ... ics/MSportsDriftCarWS.jpg

"GTR"; grand touring race cars (FIA GT specifically speaking) often consist of extremely high end cars including ferraris (including maserati), porsches, lamborghinis, lotus... etc.
those are top end cars, those cars at the cheapest still cost around $100,000, and im talking about the standard commute models, not the cars they actually race
yes you will see some cars such as the 350Z racing in GT series, but it is so heavily modified it can't even be called a 350Z anymore
and just to prove you wrong,
the JGTC Xanavi 350z uses the VQ30DETT engine, which creates 473 hp; while the standard (most expensive) 350z you can buy which costs nearly $40k, you get a V6 with 305 hp

but now you may say... wait a minute, thats only 168 hp different
well... you're right... but you're actually quite wrong, just to keep up, Xanavi must put 2.. yes 2, large turbochargers which boosts the horsepower up to over 800 hp
.. now thats a big difference

and it doesn't even look like a 350z anymore really...
http://www.pcauto.com.cn/newca ... /2004_350Z@JGTC_thumb.jpg
Quote from T-6 TURBO :ROFL! ok first off XCNUSe i completly understand the difference between drift and race. So wat u said was basically a 60 second waste of ur time/life. LOL Gunn i hear wat u r saying, but all of what u said i already know except for that dude with the gto/ his car steering...... lol. And I think u got my message wrong. I already have a drift set for the GTR cars / i already know how to drift it. All im asking is to put on all tires for all cars. Especially for GTR cars b cuz im sure with super tires my drifts would last a lil longer and id have a lil more angle. And there are other drifters that cant drift the GTR cars so with the tire options it would be a little easier for them.So in conclusion the tire option for the GTR cars can be at use for every one, not just for racers.Because of besides what the original use for it is its not fair for other drifters who have a hard time drifting it. And for the record luftrofl I absolutely hate that freakin movie fnf. I personally think that its corny, and I give it two thumbs downl:hbomb:.................lol

You said "in drifting you have to be out of control to be in control." That quote is a near copy of a line that I heard in the trailer to FnF3. It's also quite stupid.
#31 - Gunn
Quote from T-6 TURBO :So in conclusion the tire option for the GTR cars can be at use for every one, not just for racers.Because of besides what the original use for it is its not fair for other drifters who have a hard time drifting it.

Mate, the GTR cars should be difficult to drift, that's the point I'm making. It isn't a matter of being fair to anyone or not. This is a race sim and a race car should be like a race car. It's completely fair to everyone that the car is what it is. I've seen people ask for off road tyres for the BF1 and your suggestion is the same as that.
Quote from T-6 TURBO :Hankstar Shim doesnt represent most of the drifters... lol

matter of fact shim is a much better representation of the lfs drifters community than you ... for starters hes part of it

Quote from XCNuse :and small but heavily modified engines

in that way the fxrs and xrrs engine are pretty much exactly what you would find on a d1 car

Quote from XCNuse :and a larger spoiler which creates downforce

christ no the last thing you want in a drift car is downforce
#33 - JJ72
Quote from T-6 TURBO :Because of besides what the original use for it is its not fair for other drifters who have a hard time drifting it.

How is it not fair, you have a choice of cars for drifting, you have to pick a race car that was designed to stick and go quick that's your problem.

I think the whole sandbox idea of we should embrace all kinds of car related activity is nuff....if we can change the spec of the cars so easily so to keep everyone happy, then why do you need different cars, just enable a option where you can choose your engine, drive train, suspension and make your own machine...but then none of the cars will have their unique role and identity, and furthermore lost the sense of realism.
Quote from Shotglass :in that way the fxrs and xrrs engine are pretty much exactly what you would find on a d1 car
christ no the last thing you want in a drift car is downforce

part 1... i guess, but its still way to bulky to be a drift car
part 2.... they are so sideways anyway i doubt downforce is produced

i haven't seen to many drift cars without spoilers anyway, maybe one or two

surely they use them for something besides looks..
(no reason to just randomly have a multi-thousand dollar spoiler on their cars then)
Quote from XCNuse :part 2.... they are so sideways anyway i doubt downforce is produced

which is exactly the reason why you dont want one ... it introduces some snappyness to the car you definately dont want

Quote :surely they use them for something besides looks..
(no reason to just randomly have a multi-thousand dollar spoiler on their cars then)

more space for sponsor logos ?
................had big post but then i realised that this thread is starting to look like every drift/race thread.
Quote from Shotglass :which is exactly the reason why you dont want one ... it introduces some snappyness to the car you definately dont want
more space for sponsor logos ?

maybe both lol

for the snap, it can be usefull most of the time when there are chained turns
as for space for logos... hell the more the better!
Quote from XCNuse :for the snap, it can be usefull most of the time when there are chained turns

a little bit of snapiness can be alright ... what isnt though is loss of grip at an angle which is the reason why i dont think drifters would install the type of tyres theyd get from isi or simbin if those were tyre companies ... or areo parts that actually work
wat r u guys trying to prove ( two guys that wrote before this one)....... i really dont care. (even tho i alreayd know about gtr) I had a simple suggestion and now some guys r talking about stuff that really doesnt matter..... another words if it doesnt have something to do with suggestion (that isnt important) i dont care about it
You're the one with something to prove, going by that post. Those guys are just talking.

If you'd been around longer than five minutes you'll know this is how threads evolve, and not just at this forum either.

Why get worked up? You don't own the thread. If you don't care, stop reading, don't post and don't bitch people out for having a conversation (which, by the way, is still on-topic)
Quote from T-6 TURBO :wat r u guys trying to prove ( two guys that wrote before this one)....... i really dont care. (even tho i alreayd know about gtr) I had a simple suggestion and now some guys r talking about stuff that really doesnt matter..... another words if it doesnt have something to do with suggestion (that isnt important) i dont care about it

dude, will you give over? "i want this, i Want that, YOU don't understand, I don't care" it's all one way traffic here. how long have you had the full game for? the game is called live for speed, not live for skids. the fact that you can drift at all in lfs is a bonus (after all your doing it on a racing sim). you said you want drift known cars for the drifters (and you said that the racers can use them too, how nice of you) with big phat spoilers and sideskirts and 21" dubs. next your probs gonna ask if the devs are planning on selling lfs to codemasters and rename it to nfs "drift-o-matic" this is not even an improovement sugestion, it's just a request from someone who has had enough drifting full race spec GTR cars
we're proving my point that GTR cars are in absolutely no way drift cars

@shotglass rofl.. if isi made tires, i think their motto could be something like "changing your outlook on physics"
The reason he is saying I don't care in big letters is because the discussion has reached a technical level that his brain can't cope with. So, rather than admit he doesn't understand what's being talked about he pretend he doesn't care.

It's very typical behaviour of someone in this situation. He will, of course, deny it, but I think any one who is half a judge of character will be able to see that I'm not far from the truth
indeed old wise one (when i say wise one, i wasn't trying to be technical)
You mean "wise guy" right?
oh my bad ppll i didnt mean those two pplll infront of my post( when i said wat r u guys trying to prove) it was some body else but i forget name. So srry for misunderstanding.
and XCNuse wtf part of YOU CAN MODIFY THE GTR'S TO MAKE A DRIFT CAR ( ANOTHER WORDS U CAN CHANGE SETTINGS TO MAKE IT SLIDE BETTER) SO IN CONTRAST... U DONT KNOW WAT UR TALKING ABOUT SO PLZZ DO UR SELF A FAVOR AND
and do what?

and.. i guess if you wanted to rip up a race car and turn it into a drift car you could, but i dont think anyone would want to, to be quite frank
mainly because you'd have to change just about everything inside of it

engine would have to be lighter and be more responsive
transmission would have to be more rugged
suspension would have to be completely redone
body work would have to be taken off to be less bulky so you dont hit every wall

basically you'd save more money (IRL im talking) if you just plain bought a totally different car
Quote from luftrofl :You said "in drifting you have to be out of control to be in control." That quote is a near copy of a line that I heard in the trailer to FnF3. It's also quite stupid.

Sounds more like a quote from one of Samuel Hubinettes short clips
Quote from thisnameistaken :Maybe it would be nice if we had an LFS "SD". Separate from the race versions (S1, S2), with different cars (maybe three cars with different bodykits / glamour wings, whatever). Then we wouldn't get the constant clash of drifters and racers in the improvement suggestions forum, the devs would get bonus drifter cash, etc. I suppose it would only really take time out of Eric's schedule to do if the physics and tracks were the same as S2...

I don't know, just an idea.

+1 i agree!! nice idea. i would pay another 12pounds for that
the tracks are nice as they are now. (maybe i would ask for very narrow tarmac circuit track on a mountain where we could do some up and downhill races. with all the nice stuff you know guardrails, drainages etc. would be really fun yes im an initial d fan :P )
i would pay for some classic drift cars. it doesnt matter how they would be called in the game. see lotus 7 = lx cars.
i would like the xrg to look and have the same tech. specs like an ae86 trueno. call it xr86 or whatever (i personally really want this one because i own one in real life. well actually mine is a levin.)
xrt -> silvia s14/s15
i dont think there would be any trouble with copying the shapes and technical datas of real cars and putting it into lfs until the devs dont use the brands or the cars real names.
anyway

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG