The online racing simulator
Shipping my car... Finally! =)
(18 posts, started )
Well I am finally shipping my car. Working out the details ATM but it's looking like I will be driving my SRT-4 in the UK by the second week in April. Just in time for some trackdays and a bit of drag racing =) I can't wait :cheer: :dance:
#2 - Jakg
Yay! i know how much you love your rice-mobile
Haha weird cause the car turns all that rice into a nice meaty beef steak grilled to perfection =)
#4 - Davo
Wouldn't it work out better just to buy one when you moved? The shipping probably costs a heap and not to mention its left hand drive.
#5 - JTbo
Is that rice rocket Lancer or Galant then ?

Often I have heard those nice fellows with V8s saying something bad about srt rice, but never I have had enough interest to find out what car that really is. Anyway interesting specs what I have seen, quite quick

PS. Don't take everything I say too seriosly, I'm missing few spark plugs
Quote from Davo :Wouldn't it work out better just to buy one when you moved? The shipping probably costs a heap and not to mention its left hand drive.

Normally yeah. My car is a 2005 dodge SRT-4 ACR. Only 1175 were ever built of the ACR's and only 424 were Black like mine.

Haha I don't take anything too seriously, but I do try to give out correct information...

For the V8 boys out there this is the closest 4 banger you will get that puts out power figures like a V8. Pulls like a V8 thats for sure, I am myself a fan of big displacement engines (IE viper) and this engine they put in the SRT-4's rock.

Porshe's will be begging for mercy =) well maybe not an S4 but definatly a Carrera.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_SRT-4
#7 - JTbo
I have seen video of heavily modified srt car, he accelerated really fast from lights and other car was M3 I think that could not keep up at all, actually that srt car had lot of grip issues in 1st gear, then after he shifted 3rd gear it did broke down, can't remember if it was box or engine, hmm, I think it was this piston trough block issue that he got, but also I think that car had AWD so maybe it was not srt after all, my memory is not too good

I think he built much better engine after that, but never saw video from that.

Quite rare car that is then, no wonder we never got that here, only very few of those basic model Neons here that seem to be really low powered even engine is not so small.

I see you have there also Quaife diff, that is really nice unit, beats any other LSD solution in terms of grip (ok, electronically controlled active diff is better, but how many has one?), because more power is going to tire that has more grip, Audi has similar way working Torsen diff, best for racing those two, imo.
Quote from JTbo :I have seen video of heavily modified srt car, he accelerated really fast from lights and other car was M3 I think that could not keep up at all, actually that srt car had lot of grip issues in 1st gear, then after he shifted 3rd gear it did broke down, can't remember if it was box or engine, hmm, I think it was this piston trough block issue that he got, but also I think that car had AWD so maybe it was not srt after all, my memory is not too good

Quite rare car that is then, no wonder we never got that here, only very few of those basic model Neons here that seem to be really low powered even engine is not so small.

I see you have there also Quaife diff, that is really nice unit, beats any other LSD solution in terms of grip (ok, electronically controlled active diff is better, but how many has one?), because more power is going to tire that has more grip, Audi has similar way working Torsen diff, best for racing those two, imo.

Yeah the quafe diff is great, although it never 'offically' locks it does keep both wheels going well.

Modified SRT's have major traction issues because they are FWD. The other thing that might cause traction problems is that people can pump out over 800 brake HP out of these engine blocks.

Stock for Stock you cannot find a better car for the money. I paid something like 13k pounds for the car that has a 7 year bumper to bumper warrenty.

It won't keep up with the new 911's but it will keep up with the Carrera's and boxters.

It was also faster than the old STi but the new 06 STi is a beast =) Same with the EVO. 05 and earlier it could keep up but with the new evo I wouldn't stand much of a chance.
#9 - JTbo
It has only one problem, it is FWD

Sure, some like apples, some from bananas, I'm RWD/ proper AWD guy, haven't found FWD that I would been liking, even Volvo T4 with upped boost felt boring and slow, even it was everything else than slow, lot more power than srt-4.

But so it is in life, people like different things, most important is that there is car enthusiasts that do enjoy what they do and put good fight against goverments plans to kill all fun

If you haven't sign that car tax petition
Quote from JTbo :It has only one problem, it is FWD

Sure, some like apples, some from bananas, I'm RWD/ proper AWD guy, haven't found FWD that I would been liking, even Volvo T4 with upped boost felt boring and slow, even it was everything else than slow, lot more power than srt-4.

But so it is in life, people like different things, most important is that there is car enthusiasts that do enjoy what they do and put good fight against goverments plans to kill all fun

If you haven't sign that car tax petition

Haha they had plenty on there already =)

I would rather have a RWD car but FWD fit into what I needed more.

I needed a daily driver thats good in all types of weather, that I could stack the wife and kids (yet to happen, thank god =) into the car and still have room for groceries or luggage. I get good gas milage (30mpg) and it drives like a normal car if you stay out of the turbo, (so wife can drive without me fretting TOO much when she does)

Then with the ACR I got Viper seats,adjustable tokico struts, stiffer spring rates, larger sway bar in the rear, and 16 inch BBS rims with 225's strapped on. Cost for cost I couldn't come within 15k with any other car for price practicality and performance. And because it still is basically a neon I will only pay about 300 pounds a year for insurance once I get my no claims bonuses.
#11 - JTbo
Oh yes, those annoying realities of life are often limiting choices, but surely that car is one of best FWD choices around, Vauxhall Monaro of course is practical and RWD, but is perhaps not cheap to insure and specially VXR 500 is not something you would give your wife at rain, it is not for beginners but how much fun that machine would be, also would cost only double for what you did pay, but indeed, limitations of life
Very nice =) I would love to get my hands on that car =) But your right limitations =)
#13 - JTbo
Quote from Viper93 :Very nice =) I would love to get my hands on that car =) But your right limitations =)

We never got even basic version of that Monaro here, but if would it would cost 70 000 or so

So it is impossible to me get one even I would have money, which luckily I don't have

I'm still running a car that is perhaps worth £100 there, 1000€ here, but it has surprised me how able it is for what it is
Quote from JTbo :We never got even basic version of that Monaro here, but if would it would cost 70 000 or so

So it is impossible to me get one even I would have money, which luckily I don't have

I'm still running a car that is perhaps worth £100 there, 1000€ here, but it has surprised me how able it is for what it is

You definatly can have some fun in old beaters. I think that has more to do with that you don't care what happens to the car =)
#15 - JTbo
Quote from Viper93 :You definatly can have some fun in old beaters. I think that has more to do with that you don't care what happens to the car =)

Well, that is actually not the case, I very much appriciate my car and I do my best to keep good care of it, some don't care even from new car as much as I do from my old, almost worthless and not cool car
Quote from JTbo :I have seen video of heavily modified srt car, he accelerated really fast from lights and other car was M3 I think that could not keep up at all, actually that srt car had lot of grip issues in 1st gear, then after he shifted 3rd gear it did broke down, can't remember if it was box or engine, hmm, I think it was this piston trough block issue that he got, but also I think that car had AWD so maybe it was not srt after all, my memory is not too good

I'm pretty sure the car in the video you're thinking of is a modified Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX. I love that video so much, it speaks volumes about so many things

[edit]I'm assuming you mean this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRe7vV8toP4 [/edit]
Well I sent in the paperwork to ship my car in yesterday afternoon. Last night my brother called and they are picking up the car today to send to the docks. If all goes well I will be driving my car by the end of March =) Talk about a quick ship =)

7 days @US dock (quarintine)
17 day on the boat
3 days @UK dock (quarintine)

they ship once a week so I could see my car as early as the 17th of March!!!! :drool:

Considering that as of yesterday there wasn't any paperwork done I am amazed so far on how fast this will take. I was expecting it to be the second week in April.
#18 - JTbo
Quote from 96 GTS :I'm pretty sure the car in the video you're thinking of is a modified Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX. I love that video so much, it speaks volumes about so many things

[edit]I'm assuming you mean this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRe7vV8toP4 [/edit]

That is the one, then there was another that did show broken parts. Yep, talks indeed about so many things

Nice that you get shipping done so quick Viper

(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG