The online racing simulator
Crackling sound
(8 posts, started )
#1 - PlusP
Crackling sound
When playing online and single player, the sound sometimes crackles and breaks up when I am around a lot of other cars. As I distance myself from the pack, either fore or aft, it goes away and all the engine/car/etc. sounds return to normal. This is especially apparent on the South City course. It doesn't always happen, but when this occasionally pops up, it is certainly annoying.

Could this a bug or a hardware/setting issue?

I haven't had this issue in any other racing game so I assume/hope it is a setting issue.

Soundcard = SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS Audio [A400]
Car sound voulme = 10.0
Skid volume boost = 1.0
Wind volume boost = 1.0
Echo volume boost = 1.0
Interface volume = 15.0
All music options = OFF
Though I'm not sure, try setting the "car sound volume" (which is actually more like overall volume) a bit lower, and increase the volume of your speakers/headphones to compensate.
Yeah Android XP is right, thats called clipping. Also reducing echo volume boost helps.
when i was running S1 demo it always crackled up on me...i messed with the sound settings and it stopped crackling
#5 - PlusP
Thanks fellas. I'll give it a shot.
#6 - ORION
Are you using the default sound settings?
How fast is your CPU?
options/misc turn up the delay to like 15
Quote from ORION :Are you using the default sound settings?
How fast is your CPU?

I have a little crackling when I switch to chase cam but only since patch V so I wouldn't think CPU has to do anything with it as I haven't changed mine. It is an AMD Sempron 2800+ though my Windows need reinstalling after about five years' service I suppose it can slow down the PC considerably.

Crackling sound
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG