The online racing simulator
asymetric Suspension
(9 posts, started )
asymetric Suspension
Id like to have the option to tune my suspension seperatly, which you can do IRL.

Such as, if your mostly turning Right, or left, you can stiffen up the left and ride side of the car, of maybe on oval circuits aswell.

Just my 2 Cents.
Yep! Would be invaluable for ovals. You'd soon see the WRs tumble :up: You can set up assymetrically in GPL and it can make a real difference to a race.

BTW it's probably been mentioned before, but it's a good enough idea to remind people about imho
#3 - amp88
Asymmetic aero adjustment could be interesting too.
It would be, but i personally dont see any advantages. having more downforce on one side of the car may upset the other side, in turns of grip etc
#5 - amp88
Quote from djgizmo68 :It would be, but i personally dont see any advantages. having more downforce on one side of the car may upset the other side, in turns of grip etc

It'd introduce another area where driver skills pays off. It's been used before in a few racing series, so it's definitely proven to have advantages.
Quote from amp88 :Asymmetic aero adjustment could be interesting too.

What sort of wing permits itself to be at different angles at opposing sides of the car?
Technically the front wing of our Reynard could be different side to side. But we'd never consider it for a second (within the limits of setting accuracy)
#8 - amp88
Quote from Bob Smith :What sort of wing permits itself to be at different angles at opposing sides of the car?

It can by done either by having different angles on either side or having different width wings on either side. There are several different wings that can be set different angles on each side, I've included a picture of a Williams which permits it.
Attached images
williamsfrontwing.JPG
#9 - amp88
Just watching the first qualifying session for the 2005 San Marino GP and Ted Kravitz reported from the pits that Alonso had increased his front left wing by half a turn but left his front right as it was, so in 2005 the Renault had the option of asymmetric front downforce at least.

asymetric Suspension
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG