The online racing simulator
Video card problems
(8 posts, started )
Video card problems
I allready posted this thread on Bugs-Track and ask for some1 to move it but since no1 bothers and i am running out of time here it goes.(u can delete the hole thread btw-from bugs-tracks)
I have a big problem with antialising and antistropic. look at the images below. It happens when i minimize lfs to windows and then i bring it back...its like it looses aa and as ... i set the video card to full qulity but i dont understand why its doing this...it didnt do this before. any opinions?

(1st is before i click on some windows task, and second is after i go back in lfs. if u dont see any differance, copy the images and then scroll quick through them: back, forth, back,forth, so on, u will see)
i normaly play fullscreen, where it makes the same thing.
Attached images
a-before.JPG
after.JPG
#2 - Davo
You don't happen to own an ATi card? It's some issue with the drivers.
Quote from Davo :You don't happen to own an ATi card? It's some issue with the drivers.

uh, i do one a radeon 9600series (256mb) . but i have the latest drivers and before i upgraded i had late dec 06 and it did the same, but this started happening only a week ago when i didnt change nothing (i didnt changed the drivers and then it started happening, i had the drivers for sometime, and one day just did this and didnt stop since then)
It seems to be a problem that started with patch V.

To solve it you have two options:

1) uncheck "switch to windows mode while connecting" (maybe not the exact translation, I play with the spanish version of LFS).
The AA and AS is lost when the games goes to windowed mode and back to FS, so this will prevent that happening.

or

2) Do a quick resolution change (ie: Shift+f9 and then Shift+f12) and they will be back on

The second was posted by someone else in another thread, but hard to find, I believe this tip should be stickied till there is a patch that solves the problem.

PS: I now run an Nvidia Card, but I believe both solutions should work for both Ati and Nvidia.
I use "ATI Tray tools" a little app that lets me do all sorts of things with the GFX I have this set to "max quality" this gives me full AA and AF and I have never had the prob you describe above, worth a try?

http://www.google.co.uk/search ... q=ati+tray+tools&meta=

Hope this helps .

SD.
Quote from SparkyDave :I use "ATI Tray tools" a little app that lets me do all sorts of things with the GFX I have this set to "max quality" this gives me full AA and AF and I have never had the prob you describe above, worth a try?

http://www.google.co.uk/search ... q=ati+tray+tools&meta=

Hope this helps .

SD.

i had att until 4 days ago...and the problems appeard 1 week or so...but it's worth a try, i'll see.

@Joseracer, Well my problem is that i want and need to minimize to desktop...(for starting/stoping winamp, TS, so on) so i dont think the first option would help. And the second i tryd to change the resolution but not with Shift+, i changed to the lowest...then back to max but didnt helpd (but strangly enough 1 time workd). Although..i wil try the Shift+'s and the Att.

Edit: uh....i went to try the solutions but didnt work i tryd Shift+F9 -640x480 and then Shift+F12 1024x768 but nothing). I installd Ati Tray Tools again...i set it to max qulity...and it did the same nothing changed
Darn, its soooo anoying. Without the aa/as lfs looks like an old game runing on a P II.
Hm, that's strange, the shift+F9 - shift+F12 thing works for me, but I have an nvidia card, maybe that makes a difference?
maybe...nvidia and ati were allways diffrent maybe some1 who has an ati radeon (preferably old:P) can give us a status?

Video card problems
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG