The online racing simulator
LFS Sense of speed
(54 posts, started )
Quote from bbman :How? By tinkering with the tire physics, so when you start to slide, that's it? Or using massive amounts of blur and shaders and other effects you'll never see in real life? Come on, think it through... The only thing you need to change is perspective, because looking at a 19-21" monitor is like running through the street with blinkers on...

I am not knocking the physics in LFS. It's just something I need to adapt to. I am new to LFS (week and a half) and I enjoy it so much I uninstalled GTR/GTL. The only point that I was trying to make is that when the speedometer shows I am "going fast", I never feel like I am "hauling A$$".
I always thought that one of the reasons LFS never felt quite as fast as other games was the width of the track. Obviously, a narrow track is going to feel much faster than a wide one. So if you've only really been racing Aston or Westhill, try South City or some of the longer Fern Bay circuits - those feel faster to me.
I honestly feel the racing surface is far too wide in LFS for the most part. South City has that tight fast feel the rest of the circutes do not.
Quote from Glenn67 :Sry to hear your friend died

I wasn't trying to be funny, rather I was indicating I was not 100% serious...

IRL I've done about 1 million km of driving over the past 20 years, I am not carless on the roads. On the roads I drive people die all the time, I'm well aware of it . I know of two this year alone and at least seven last year, this is on roads I drive every day and quite a number of the crashes I've seen not long after they have happened.

Unfortunately most road deaths are preventable and involve young drivers. Although speed is often a factor the over-riding factors are normally reckless driving, inexperience, fatigue, drink driving and or drugs.

Sry if you got the wrong impression of me

Its ok, I was having a bad day because a couple of friends of mine kept on bringing him up so it was just kinda irking me. He was the longest friend of mine that I've ever had (9 years) and we were the first friends that each of us had when we moved to our city.

Anyways, I'm better now and I'm sorry for the outburst. :\

Oh, btw, speed was not the issue as much as it was the fact that the road was wet, he was driving his girlfriend's mom's lifted 1970's pickup (An unfamiliar car), and it had wide tires on it. He slid off the road (First rain of for about a month or so) and up an embankment only to roll his truck 10 or so times back onto the road.

Those of you interested: Pleasanton Weekly: Pleasanton ... crash (December 1, 2006)

LFS Sense of speed
(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG