The online racing simulator
Adjusting Brake Bias during a race
(8 posts, started )
During a race on my XRR, I've noticed my brakes tend to lock up and it's tail happy as the gas tank gets empty. What in dash adjustments can I make to counter this symptom? I've read somewhere that adjusting brake bias will help cure this. Can someone elaborate?
I believe it is the F11 key while in Multiplayer (not Multiplayer ONLY). You can adjust front/rear antirollbars and brake bias, depending on the car of course...

So you'd see something like this.

Up and down arrows control the menu, and left and right increase/decrease the values.
Attached images
live_settings.jpg
Tweak any suggestions oh how much brake bias to adjust when the gas tank gets lighter? Should I put more bias towards the front or rear?
I never change it I just focus on my driving

That setting there you see in the picture is what I use for XRR. It's just a matter of sensitivity with your foot. You can get flatspots as you get lighter indeed, but its avoidable through footwork. :up:
Well, if you tend to lock the rears, then I'd suggest you move the brake balance to front a bit. Especially if you're in a real race, you should do it step by step to avoid any dramatic changes. And what it comes to adjusting ARBs, do it also in minor steps so you don't ruin your race. You can try to adjust the car to oversteer less / understeer more by stiffening the front ARB and/or softening the rear ARB.
Thanks guys, I will work on the footwork and will experiement moving the bb a little forward.
Quote from Revzalot :During a race on my XRR, I've noticed my brakes tend to lock up and it's tail happy as the gas tank gets empty. What in dash adjustments can I make to counter this symptom? I've read somewhere that adjusting brake bias will help cure this. Can someone elaborate?

To prevent the front brakes locking up, move the bias back. this will increase your oversteer problem.

To cure the oversteer, stiffen the front antiroll bar, or soften the rear.
Amusingly, you can do this in any car, even the UF1000 (brakes only of course).

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG