The online racing simulator
Is this real? Geraldine is on forums!
(90 posts, started )
Noticed this today. Is it real? Or is Scawen just pulling something on us? Another woman on the forums as it seems.
Attached images
MJ1.jpg
Her class is developer and I doubt Scawen would mess about with something so important concerning the development. I'm happy the crew has finally grown
#3 - herki
She's a developer? Interesting, I thought she would do customer support.
And Rappa Z, of course she's on the forums, just look at the join date, it been a while. And don't get to excited, she might never post, just like Eric
#4 - joen
Hi Geraldine
Guys! Guys! Guys! a woman!!!!
Quote from herki :She's a developer? Interesting, I thought she would do customer support.
And Rappa Z, of course she's on the forums, just look at the join date, it been a while. And don't get to excited, she might never post, just like Eric

Not a developer per se, but in the 'Developers' forum user group
Are you a stalker?

Whats so special about her reading the forums?
I know she'll never post, that's given. This is the first time i've seen her. I saw her name in the list of people looking at the forums.
http://www.lfsforum.net/showgroups.php - yep, more power than me here. She wasn't in the admin usergroup when I was made mod though, so it's quite a recent change.

You can send her PMs too, although I wouldn't advise it on the basis she'll never check them and there's really no point.

She did post a couple of times back on RSC though.
#9 - ORION
Geraldine is Scawen's wife and makes the tech support now as vic has retired from that and is concentrating on developing the LFS web stuff, and doing some other stuff
Considering Geraldine's join date is Jan 31, 2003, you sure took your time finding out she was here. You're a crap stalker
Great, now everyone can see I spam
Oh, and where is Scirocco anyways? Just notice I never noticed him before
Quote from Hankstar :Considering Geraldine's join date is Jan 31, 2003, you sure took your time finding out she was here. You're a crap stalker

Considering my join date is also 2003, but these forums didn't even exist until August 2005, this doesn't say much
Quote from Hankstar :Considering Geraldine's join date is Jan 31, 2003, you sure took your time finding out she was here. You're a crap stalker

She's a admin, she could change it to 1933 if she wanted. Doesn't mean she actually joined then.
i don't stalk! I just happened to notice some huge red letters in the Current Active Users section!
Quote from ORION :Geraldine is Scawen's wife and makes the tech support now as vic has retired from that and is concentrating on developing the LFS web stuff, and doing some other stuff

thanks for explaining that, because i had no idea who Geraldine was, or why anyone cared
Quote from seggons :She's a admin, she could change it to 1933 if she wanted. Doesn't mean she actually joined then.

The current join dates are not the dates when we logged in to lfs forums for the first time, its the date we created our first account at lfs.net

I think it was around January 2003 when the 2nd version of lfs.net went online, but a couple of people are already playing LFS since summer 2002

btw, is there anyone with a screenshot of the very first lfs website?
Quote from ORION :is there anyone with a screenshot of the very first lfs website?

i'd love to see that!!
Quote from seggons :She's a admin, she could change it to 1933 if she wanted. Doesn't mean she actually joined then.

going further off-topic: don't confuse board-admin with sql-admin. Join dates are usually generated automatically and saved to the db. At least on the board I did admin, I wasn't able to change the join dates. Unless I connected directly to the db that is.
Quote from herki :going further off-topic: don't confuse board-admin with sql-admin. Join dates are usually generated automatically and saved to the db. At least on the board I did admin, I wasn't able to change the join dates. Unless I connected directly to the db that is.

if($user['userid'] = 643643) $user['joindate'] = '1.1.1970';

DBAs? DBAs? We don't need no stinkin' DBAs!
Quote from Krane :if($user['userid'] = 643643) $user['joindate'] = '1.1.1970';

Should throw a warning

You've used an assignment in a conditional statement.. the above would always return true, regardless of the user ID

</pedant>

Regards,

Ian
You can apply once you've driven a sub 8 minute lap of The Ring IRL.
Or your real name is "The Stig"

And in some cases you just have to be full of yourself.. eh bob
Mmm.
#25 - vari
Quote from ORION :btw, is there anyone with a screenshot of the very first lfs website?

Yep (Perhaps not the very first but it was same design afaik)
Attached images
liveforspeed.png
liveforspeed2.png
liveforspeed3.png
liveforspeed4.png

(90 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG