The online racing simulator
A health issue! Stretching exercises!
Hello fellow pilots.
I'm just wondering, what kind of stretching exercises you guys do before playing, if any?

People with wheels should stretch their legs and feet as well as their arms and wrists.
People with mouse should stretch their wrists as well.

I do some stretching exercises that i do on the gym (the ones i think are useful for the muscle groups LFS uses ) but lately i've been ending up with some aches (and i'm young :tilt after really long sessions so i've created this thread so people who know more about that than me can share their exercises too (preferably with pictures please).

What do you do?
Ehm...nothing.
I do excercise my fingers chatting before playing xD

Sometimes i walk a bit around my house.
I stretch to my side to pick up my wheel off the floor. My DFP stretches 450 degrees in each direction, then 100 degrees in each direction before it plays LFS. I am quite lucky in that I've got a very fast metabolism and thus plenty of youthful elasticity despite my depressing age.
I warm up my eye-balls by looking around the room in a desperate attempt to find something better to do
Nothing, only move my neck, i think. when i remember
Hope u find an answer
On straights I tend to stretch my shoulders and neck a bit, my office chair ain't the comfiest ride.
i stretch my arms by lifting a pot of coffee up too my mouth, then i stretch my legs when iv drunk too much and need the toilet
I usualy do none BUT i think i should start.

Just before xmas I started to get weird pains / feelings in me neck/shoulder area on the right hand side. I stoped using my wheel since then untill a few weeks back and during the time I didnt play I was fine. Now, their back.

DFP = health risk i tell thee!!
i sometimes just spin around in my office chair.

moving the ice-tea-packs and coke-bottles to my mouth should be enough stretching.
Quote from RoCkBiGdAvE :I usualy do none BUT i think i should start.

Just before xmas I started to get weird pains / feelings in me neck/shoulder area on the right hand side. I stoped using my wheel since then untill a few weeks back and during the time I didnt play I was fine. Now, their back.

DFP = health risk i tell thee!!

Yeah, people are just joking and all (which is fine ) but it really is important.
Even if you don't feel disconfort and/or aches, if you play anything for more than say 1 hour at times you really should start stretching and all, you know?

Prevention.

There is a chance of causing lesion due to repetitive effort. Even athletes have to be careful about it.

Well, i hope someone with knowledge on the matter show up.
With some exercises for us hehehe.

Cheers

ps: the joking is fine, by the way, but please think of the future hehe, this is a "serious matter". Even if you're young and indestructible.
I sometimes run (or nowadays rather only walk for 30-45 minutes before longer races (endurance or championship races) to breath some fresh air and to be mentally relaxed cos it helps me concentrating for longer periods. (I use the same before exams.)

If you have problems or aches because of sitting all day, try swimming.
@ csimpok : geek ants:

Physical exercise...come oooon, you gotta be kidding

the latter is a silly joke, please do not brutally kill the author
Quote from szyszek :I warm up my eye-balls by looking around the room in a desperate attempt to find something better to do

Brilliant
hmm one of the best strechting you can do is sitting on your chair and then strech your arms right into the air and making you as tall as possible without standing up.... that's sometimes quite a relieve
Well I swim compititively, so everyday I have swim practice that last 2 hours. Stretches the muscles in every which way and gives me muscles to throw around the wheel a lil bit (specially when driving the bf1 sheesh! :tilt
#17 - ev0
Getting the percolator going works pretty well for me - you have to walk across the room with a jug full of water, AND that filter can get quite saturated and heavy from the previous pot. Very Strenuous.

Seriously though, since I am currently playing with a gamepad, if I don't stretch and loosen my thumbs, I get strange twitches in my thumbs in the middle of my first race, normally on the (weaker) throttle/brake thumb, with disasterous consequences.

I normally just move them about until I can feel the muscles loosen up a bit before joining the first pickup race for the day.
Now this is quite the funny thread.

Me? Sometimes after a long day at work (standing on concrete in one spot for 8-14 hours with a half hour lunch sometime in there) I can't even play LFS. Other times, well, after 5 or 6 races, I'm stretched out enough that I might finally be able to get my Momo to turn lock to lock, LOL.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG