The online racing simulator
New car: Ariel Atom
(26 posts, started )

Poll : Yes or No?

Yes
No
#1 - Jakg
there was talk of this, but they never responded to the emails by community members...
Quote from Jakg :there was talk of this, but they never responded to the emails by community members...

Yup, they never responded to my emails at all, and weren't interested in discussing it over the phone, so I gave up. Maybe someone with more tact or business acumem could have a go?

But I'd like to see something similar to it in LFS - a totally pared down car - an LX without any of the needless bits (and they don't have many to begin with).
While I'd love to see this car (or something similar) in LFS, getting it is a lot more difficult than just saying "yes".

Personally, I'd really like to see the Tesla Roadster in game. Something completely different from every other car.
Quote from Cue-Ball :Personally, I'd really like to see the Tesla Roadster in game. Something completely different from every other car.

It would be a helluva lot more coding. And eerily quiet.

Actually, for the deaf and hard of hearing, all cars should have to be above a set volume (I.E. most hybrid car makers would have to put a buzzer (possibly one that increases with speed) on their cars as they are dangerously quiet).
It wuld be nice
but next time add some picture after your post , someone dont know what car is it , and searching in google take time
Quote from RudolfR :It wuld be nice
but next time add some picture after your post , someone dont know what car is it , and searching in google take time

yep, i only know Ariel for the washing machine
#7 - joen
This thread doesn't achieve much unless you've contact the company and they are interested. At that point things would get much more exciting.
Quote from duke_toaster :It would be a helluva lot more coding. And eerily quiet.

It would certainly be quiet, but wouldn't require any more coding than any other car. Two speeds, lots of torque, no fuel to keep track of. That's the differences as far as physics are concerned.
The level of detail necessary to render the Atom reasonably well would be huge. To have 23 Atoms on the grid at the same time and maintain a good framerate you'd have to have a pretty decent PC, pitching it well above the current system requirements. I'd rather see a Radical SR3/SR8 in as it would be easier on the system and is entirely different than what we currently have (whereas the Atom would probably end up being similar to the LX6).
#12 - joen
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :hehe, after watching that it actually looks like the cars from trackmania nations

Exactly the same thought I had when I saw it for the first time
Quote from Cue-Ball :It would certainly be quiet, but wouldn't require any more coding than any other car. Two speeds, lots of torque, no fuel to keep track of. That's the differences as far as physics are concerned.

But surely the batteries would go flat though.
Quote from duke_toaster :But surely the batteries would go flat though.

batteries? huh? did i miss something? the car they showed had a 300 ps turbo machine.
battery..?

u dont talk bout that "nike one" car or however its called?
I`m with amp88. Get the little Radical in there. That car is way sweeter imo.
#16 - Davo
Souped up MRT, and no one drives the MRT.
Quote from duke_toaster :But surely the batteries would go flat though.

Yes, but there's no change in weight between full batteries and empty. That's what I was getting at. The physics of the car itself are just as simple (more so) as any other car currently in the game.
Quote from Davo :Souped up MRT, and no one drives the MRT.

Hardly. The Atom is VERY different from the MRT. Nobody drives the MRT because it's a tiny car with a short wheelbase and apart from the autocross our tracks are all very high speed for that car. The Atom is about twice as long and twice as wide and is designed for public roads and high speeds, meaning it's much more stable.

The atom would be more like the FOX than the MRT, just without downforce and with more power.
Quote from duke_toaster :It would be a helluva lot more coding. And eerily quiet.

Actually, for the deaf and hard of hearing, all cars should have to be above a set volume (I.E. most hybrid car makers would have to put a buzzer (possibly one that increases with speed) on their cars as they are dangerously quiet).

My sister works for Lexus customer services. A Lexus owner tried to blame Lexus because they ran over their dog in their RX hybrid, saying the dog must have not heard the car.
I would like to have RAZAR P1 More
Note that the Tesla Roadster, from what I've heard in the videos that are circulating in youtube et al, does have a pretty nice sound....

...the one of the transmission!

I am only guessing here, but if you have a somewhat modern electric tram in your town, you should get an idea of the sound of the Tesla.

That said, I'd like to see anything in LFS: Atom, Radical, Tesla. It would be fantastic!
If someone takes contact to Ariel. There would be a chance for there accept.
It would increase there popularity a little :P
But maybe it would be to similar to LX6 ?
Quote from spookthehamster :My sister works for Lexus customer services. A Lexus owner tried to blame Lexus because they ran over their dog in their RX hybrid, saying the dog must have not heard the car.

Whilst it sounds a bit odd to totally blame Lexus, IMO hybrid cars should have to have a speed sensitive-pitch buzzer (to make it sound remotely like a car) for safety.
Quote from scania :I would like to have RAZAR P1 More

Looks like a radical/panoz/palmer-jaguar clone that nobody's heard of...
could be nice idea i mean people does want new cars but i think they and also me would want a much cool car like panoz gtr based car or something...

New car: Ariel Atom
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG