The online racing simulator
[looking to buy a] steering wheel
Good morning, i really wanna buy a steering wheel to drift on lfs, but i don't know what to buy... ill buy it next month (i think), and i like the Logitech Momo Racing... the Logitech G25 is 2 expensive here..
pls help me!!
cya and good race/drag/drift
#2 - Jakg
if you just want to drift then the Momo might be the best bet, although i would go for the DFP personally - the G25 would be MUCH better though
I have Logitech DFP, get that its a great wheel, it feels realistic and it looks great
If you don't want to spend the cash I would get a Momo. While the G25 is a great wheel if your not a hardcore racer it's something thats not absolutly needed.

I have a momo and DFP I much prefer the momo over the DFP. Has much smoother FF and doesn't feel "chunky" like the DFP does when the gears mesh together. The DFP you do get up to 920 degree's of rotation but for drifting I think I would prefer the momo.
Quote from Viper93 :If you don't want to spend the cash I would get a Momo. While the G25 is a great wheel if your not a hardcore racer it's something thats not absolutly needed.

I have a momo and DFP I much prefer the momo over the DFP. Has much smoother FF and doesn't feel "chunky" like the DFP does when the gears mesh together. The DFP you do get up to 920 degree's of rotation but for drifting I think I would prefer the momo.

isn't it 900?

ah well...

I'm driving with momo, and it feels good!
I am buying a G25 soon though...
(maybe selling momo, though you shouldn't buy mine)
Quote from Viper93 :If you don't want to spend the cash I would get a Momo. While the G25 is a great wheel if your not a hardcore racer it's something thats not absolutly needed.

Funny.
I have both wheels too,and I prefer the DFP. Go figure.

I'd say go get DFP if you don't have cash for G25.
The 900 degrees of rotation on G25/DFP is too much for racing, let alone drifting - you can reduce it in the drivers though.

The 240 degrees of the momo isn't enough unless you only want to drive the single seaters.
Need about 270 really. If you need to move your hands while racing to get the car to turn then your using too much steering input =P

When I did my track-day I put my hands at 10 and 2 and I never moved them once, even in the Viper on a gokart track.
Quote from Viper93 :Need about 270 really. If you need to move your hands while racing to get the car to turn then your using too much steering input =P

When I did my track-day I put my hands at 10 and 2 and I never moved them once, even in the Viper on a gokart track.

Still,G25>DFP>Momo when it comes to realism :P

With DFP you can atleast have fully linear steering for every car. And while it's true that you should always have your hands in 10-2 position, it's much more realistic and more precise when you have 100% linear steering. Also, when it comes to drifting,and if we go and take a look at Keiichi Tsuchiya's Drift Bible,we'll see that this is where "10-2 position at all times" is not possible. If you want to drift more realistically,DFP in 720 mode is the only way(in LFS,and not counting the G25)-and is definitively not impossible.
And that is the truth,no mather what anyone says.

To conclude:Get the DFP,If you cant get G25.
#10 - Mc21
I've got a Momo, a DFP and a G25, G25 RULES!
[quote=Bob Smith;324868]The 900 degrees of rotation on G25/DFP is too much for racing, let alone drifting - you can reduce it in the drivers though.[quote]

900 = too much
720 - Perfect

Never used a momo but g25>dfp but as said g25 is expensive for the casual gamer. I always found it impossible to drift 720 on my dfp, though i know it to be possible, i simply turned the rotation down.
Between momo and dfp i would say dfp as as far as i know the rev b pedals are better than the momo pedals and also it will give you the choice of what rotation you want
#12 - Jakg
had a Momo, G25 is just on another level
Get the DFP
So the DFP wpuld be a good drift wheel?

Or is it just more realistic drifting?
The main downside to the DFP / G25 is that with higher rotation it takes longer to catch slides, so it can take longer to put the power down out of corners and thus you lose a lot of time. I find around 400 degrees is the most I can reasonably use while racing - it means I can just reach both end stops without taking my hands off the wheel.

Drifting... The G25 would probably be the best wheel again, because it's got 2 force-feedback motors so it can spin faster. It's probably lighter too because it has less buttons (although it is made out of steel...). The DFP can feel a bit heavy and sluggish when you want to spin it quickly, but although I haven't tried it I've heard the G25 is a good deal quicker.
#16 - Jakg
the motors on a DFP make drifting VERY difficult, no such thing on the Momo or G25
Quote from Jakg :the motors on a DFP make drifting VERY difficult, no such thing on the Momo or G25

I'd disagree....about it being*very* difficult.Difficult,yes,but very difficult,no.
(Hey,if I can drift with DFP in 720 mode,anyone can:nod
Lets say if your 12 years old and your getting a DFP to drift with.
Quote from Kevin. :Lets say if your 12 years old and your getting a DFP to drift with.

I'm 14, never driven a real car in life. But I can handle the DFP drifting fine, its alot more fun than using less rotation when you get good. It also, just makes it a whole better expericnce. I used to get bored with my old Wingman, but with the DFP its really fun. Don't ask me how, it just is.
The G25 almost moves as fast as that wheel when your in game. And to me it looks like he is moving that wheel about 720lock. I am no drifter but that comparison could be done with a G25 and that movie i could imagine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kjaxez9OIX8

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG