Mac 3D Car viewer.
(12 posts, started )
Mac 3D Car viewer.
I know this is a long shot.. But here goes, I use a MacPro restarting in to WinXP to run LFS. I want to do my own paint scheme for a F1 car, or any car in LFS. All my graphic programs are Mac so I have to restart in to WinXP to use the small 3D car viewer App. I wish someone could port just the car viewer app, to Mac so I didn't have to switch back and forth to see one little change.

Or does anyone know of any program on the Mac I could use to open LFS cars to help in painting them?
why don't you just install GIMP on the windows-boot? i know it is not the same like photoshop (proud cs2 owner *g*) but at least you can work in one environment...
Thanks I'll try it. Just been using photoshop in Mac for so long learning another program. <cry>
It would be nice if someone could port the S2 viewer to Mac. it might get more people into the world of LFS
Trying GIMP, took a while to get it installed. Not liking it all that much so far. Kind of annoying, since I already know how to use photoshop. Oh well. Still wish someone could port just the viewer to Mac.
You may wish to take a look at GimpShop, which attempts to make The Gimp look like Photoshop.
Hmm.. Just installed GIMPShop and it doesn't really look any different then the other GIMP I downloaded earlier. Only difference I see is it opens everything in one big window. Instead of your palettes and work area opening in separate windows with your desktop behind it.

Guess I'll just start back in Mac OSX work in Photoshop then come back, will be annoying.

What Format are the cars in for LFS? Maybe there is some Mac app I can open them with. But then the UI mapping would probably be different. :/
I'm thinking off the top of my head, there are in development now applications (http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxmac/) CrossOver Mac which IIRC does play HL2, and due to it being based upon the WINE code base, I can't see why it wouldn't do the LFS Viewer. Maybe giving the trial version a shot?
Why don't you install VirtualPC on your Mac? Yes, I know, thats pretty slow, but ok, you just need to view the skin, nothing else Or you virtualize a Windows using Parallels.. Then you share a folder of your Mac partition for this Virtual PC or virtualiziation and this is where you can put your skins, load the into the skin viewer running in an virtualized XP and thats it :P
I know it's annoying, but I'm doing it like this, too
Dawesdust_12 I tried what you suggested and it worked. Took me a bit to figure out what path it would read to the program. Can't seem to get the window size bigger, but that might be a Quartz issue since it needs my original Intel Mac OSX disc, and can't remember where I put it. :/

Vortex3K thanks for the suggestion but VPC doesn't support 3D game enivorments. I've used it several times in the past, and if I remember correctly MS never made a update to support Intel Mac's. :/ I've tried Parallels but never even got it to read my WindowsXP drive. :/
Good that it worked . I personally don't have an Intel Mac, I just know that CrossOver works in Linux, and I assumed that due to the codebase being similar to exact, that it would work
Quote from neglouseight :Hmm.. Just installed GIMPShop and it doesn't really look any different then the other GIMP I downloaded earlier. Only difference I see is it opens everything in one big window. Instead of your palettes and work area opening in separate windows with your desktop behind it.

I think there is a batch file you need to run called pskeys.bat or something.

Mac 3D Car viewer.
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG