The online racing simulator
App Request
(4 posts, started )
App Request
Im currently running a banger server, and in IRL, a few shunts and hits into the fence would kill your car. Wether in LFS, you can keep going forever and ever.

What i would like is an app that gives each player "hit points or HP". so you start the race with lets say 50 or so, and each Critical shunt or hit, would slowly decrease your HP, depending on the impact.

When your HP reachs 0, your engine would auto-turn off (Or maybe the app gives you 0 fuel, disabling from you restarting your car and driving off again).

I Would also like an app that spectates people upon pressing spacebar, or something that totally disables resetting completly (Pressing Space bar results in nothing).

So, If these kind apps are possible, could someone point me in the right direction, or someone who could code such an app, cheers.
Sounds like a good idea (but I can't code) - but with HP surely it might be a tad more sensible to have it on an if moving slower than a set speed for a set time it spectates you (or gives you a black/orange flag message).

It can't remotely kill your engine, unless it was on a system where all players have to have an app running themselves - which would be really messy, confusing and rather silly.

As for reset detection, that is possible but would be messy as AFAIK there is no InSim info about reset - but in the next incompatible patch there will be a server side no reset option (from what I hear).

MonkOnHotTinRoof said this about Lapper and possibly doing it on position and it being very hard. Then again, all that coding would become a whole new stratosphere of pointless when /canreset is brought in.

Reset detection - not worth bothering with due to /canreset going in to the next incompatable patch.
Hit points/meatball flag - could be done on HP, but I would prefer it on speed - for tracks it is used on cars that are so slow/damaged they are dangerous and should pit in, not on cars that have had big shunts but are in one piece (Insim does not contain info on damage, only position, drive side, speed, RPM, gear, control system ... yada yada yada). I'd rather a really kind dude made a custom version of LFS Lapper with this feature than it being a standalone app though. LFS Lapper is open source anyway, and with a few more features it would r0x0r for league admins as it could be used as an Automarshall.
But it should send info regarding Collisions, as it has to send collision damage info to other people, no?

If no-Rest is coming next patch, i guess ill wait.
Quote from djgizmo68 :But it should send info regarding Collisions, as it has to send collision damage info to other people, no?

The actual LFS packets are different to InSim packets to stop cheating - the InSim specification is in the Docs folder I think...

App Request
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG