The online racing simulator
I feel naked
(28 posts, started )
I feel naked
I feel naked now that I can't use my knob. I'd been tugging it all day long today and suddenly it just.. snapped Granted, I do pull it with quite some force occasionally, but I didn't think it would break. Again. On the second last pull it I heard a suspicius noise, and on the next the sickening snapping sound of an internal bit breaking off. Now I have to use my paddles to shift instead of the shifting knob, it feels very.. unnatural
thattsss... great...

how about you explain what you're talking about.. because clearly the title isn't really helping anything
#3 - TiJay
Do you use a DFP? The paddles on that are awful.
#4 - ajp71
That sounds so dodgy
In-your-endo?

Sorry, silly scrubs joke. But what I read did seem suggestive.
With the title and the first part of that paragraph my brain made that sounds very weird indeeed.. especially with the word "snapping"... i mean ..auch!

but then it was all clear..... he meant his gear stick
i thought he was on about something else then for a minute illepall
Quote from TiJay :Do you use a DFP? The paddles on that are awful.

Nah, Momo paddles. They feel very flimsy nonetheless; I wonder how long it will take for me to abuse them till they.. "snap"
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Nah, Momo paddles. They feel very flimsy nonetheless; I wonder how long it will take for me to abuse them till they.. "snap"

I broke my shifter in momo too! But you can always switch the mechanism from the left side to the right one. Thats what I did when I had momo.
Aye, I did that the first time it broke. Now I don't have any more of those plastic parts so I need to figure out something for it :|
did the knob break, or what? becuase I do have a spare knob laying around the house, from a former mutated momo.
Not the actual knob-end but a small plastic part inside it. The stick goes through it and it is the part that makes contact with the two ends of the actual mechanism that changes the gear. I'd upload a pic but my phone cam..
I haven't seen the internals, but you might be able to perform some emergency surgery if you have any metal-working skills and some very strong adhesive (or proper screws maybe? Rivets?).
Seriously I'd see a doctor before applying some very strong adhesive to your snapped knob-end
Quote from DTrott :Hmm...

I think you may have missed the bigger "picture" here..

Quote from notanillusion :knob-end... plastic...

Quote from MAGGOT :surgery

Quote from notanillusion :pic

This problem is a lot more common than you'd think, but a lot of guys are shy in stepping forward and speaking to someone about it. So good on you, Notanillusion, for posting this. Hopefully it will raise awareness and more people will feel happy getting help.

Quote from Michael Denham :This problem is a lot more common than you'd think, but a lot of guys are shy in stepping forward and speaking to someone about it. So good on you, Notanillusion, for posting this. Hopefully it will raise awareness and more people will feel happy getting help.

trust me you really dont want to read about something like this in anybodys memoirs ... the germans will know what im on about
ROFL Pringles, what a fantastic narrative about your problem. I really laughed over it because I have a VERY similar problem that literally just happened to me a half an hour ago. My ball split in half! It's horrible, every time I use my left leg, I could feel it's all squishy. It has like, no solid feeling anymore. It was really messing things up, so I just reached down finally and ripped it completely out. Luckily, I have another ball, so I'll be ok.

Man, I haven't raced in over a year with the normal brake pedal spring feel. I know that extra squashball is somewhere in one of the kid's toyboxes. I just have to find it now.

Boy, the problems we stumble across when sim racing......
An easy way to fix all your knob problems is to kiss Chuck Norris' child. I hear it will solve all knob problems until you upgrade your hardware or perform surgery on it.
Quote from mrodgers :ROFL Pringles, what a fantastic narrative about your problem. I really laughed over it because I have a VERY similar problem that literally just happened to me a half an hour ago. My ball split in half! It's horrible, every time I use my left leg, I could feel it's all squishy. It has like, no solid feeling anymore. It was really messing things up, so I just reached down finally and ripped it completely out. Luckily, I have another ball, so I'll be ok.

Man, I haven't raced in over a year with the normal brake pedal spring feel. I know that extra squashball is somewhere in one of the kid's toyboxes. I just have to find it now.

Boy, the problems we stumble across when sim racing......

Yeah, takes a lot of balls to play LFS these days
Best thread ever.

But because it is your thread you can play the dry cleaning bill to get the coffee out of my TFT
My nose hurts now too, no wonder children spray milk out of their nose not coffee.
#23 - JTbo
When I got dfp, I tried that knob a bit and after that it has been left alone completely, I don't like my dfp looking like some monster would been ripping knob off and letting it hang from wires, not a pretty sight to imagine.

So I sometimes use sidewinder joystick and that nice software that transforms joystick to work as a gearstick. Normally I use paddles however, there is nothing wrong with them, imo (what do you mean my fingers are weird??).

Tea that has lot of sugar is also quite nasty to spray out through your nose
Quote from JTbo :When I got dfp, I tried that knob a bit and after that it has been left alone completely, I don't like my dfp looking like some monster would been ripping knob off and letting it hang from wires, not a pretty sight to imagine.

So I sometimes use sidewinder joystick and that nice software that transforms joystick to work as a gearstick. Normally I use paddles however, there is nothing wrong with them, imo (what do you mean my fingers are weird??).

Tea that has lot of sugar is also quite nasty to spray out through your nose

dude what software is this that allows you to use our joystick as a shifter :o
#25 - JTbo

I feel naked
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG