The online racing simulator
freeware GIF creator?
(11 posts, started )
freeware GIF creator?
Firstly are animated gifs alowed here as avatars?

If so any freeware programs for creating gifs?
Surely animated gifs are allowed.... there are quite a few users on here that use one.

Any freeware programs? ermmm not that I know of (good ones at least). I use Macromedia Fireworks, but that isn't an easy program at first for creating gifs, it is a lot like making a flash animation.

Just search Google for 'gif animator' or something!
#3 - AndyC
Doesn't photoshop come with a gif animator package ? I remember making one ages ago from something that came with photoshop.

I'll have a look when i get back from work.

Amdy.
Cheers!!1

Doh!!! Google I forgot about that... I hate mondays...takes me till wednesday to fully wake up :P
#5 - Vain
Yeah, still in the weekend from monday to wednesday and already in the weekend from late wednesday to friday .

But seriously: Isn't gif a proprietary format? So it should be hard to find (legal) free programs for it because as far as I know it's license isn't free.
Of course there are still illegal channels, but you know... illegal...

Vain
Quote from Vain :Yeah, still in the weekend from monday to wednesday and already in the weekend from late wednesday to friday .

But seriously: Isn't gif a proprietary format? So it should be hard to find (legal) free programs for it because as far as I know it's license isn't free.
Of course there are still illegal channels, but you know... illegal...

Vain

yeah gif wasn't free for a while, but that license stuff ended last year, so now gif is free (again, i think).

However, the actual software that lets you edit graphics _before_ saving as gif may not be free Yet I remember finding at least some trial software for making animgifs, so...

edit - ahyes pb gave a good example :P
#8 - (SaM)
Error: 500 SC_INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR

nullPB3000, I'm not sure how that makes my avatar animated..
Adobe Imageready. Make a document in photoshop, and you can import it directly into imageready. Works wonders.
Quote from xapexcivicx :Adobe Imageready. Make a document in photoshop, and you can import it directly into imageready. Works wonders.

that's not really freeware...

freeware GIF creator?
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG