The online racing simulator
DeSeRTMoD FoR LFS
(84 posts, started )

Poll : .

That does look a whole lot better, and thank you for letting me pull your leg a little, earlier on!
Now I'll have to throw away my piece of cellophane.....
i know it is way off-topic

but............ nevermind

trackah123, what is ur video card cuz u get a lot of fps?
LOL trees are now cacti thats great

did a very well job on this imo, its very original! and looks fairly good too!

well done
like the new version. Maybe the barriers need some more work as well going in the right direvtion though

look forward to seeing more
Looks pretty ok now
my videocard.. a geforce 6800LE (and yes LE is slowest version) but works pretty well with latest nvidia drivers.. my cpu .. amd athlon 64 3500+ (socket 939).. :heyjoe67_
yep, imho its getting better and better!

hey you might wanna throw one of those more recent pictures into the first post, i think some might just hit their back button when they see the first pics.
Yeah you really need to keep the signs and rails the orig colors, but the sand looks much better in the latter pics.
Just give him helpful comments and it would definitely turn out to look better each time

I know everyone hated it at first (and a few hard comments arose), so did I, but he wanted to improve it.... so far so good.
Yeah it looks good now. I might actually download it to give my LFS a bit of a "kick".
trying trying hard.. i'm getting there.. ok and btw i removed old screenshots and changed the first post also
and you see people.. this is what england will look like when hell takes over! hahha
i seriously cant stop laughing about this thing its so funny
not bad..... i expecially like the 4 buildings end of the straight...
another small update.. i made sandy roads.. pay attention to the sides of the roads .. using gradient overlays in photoshop .. creates a nice effect.. i'll stick to the grey roads with sandy sides

Quote from trackah123 :another small update.. i made sandy roads.. pay attention to the sides of the roads .. using gradient overlays in photoshop .. creates a nice effect.. i'll stick to the grey roads with sandy sides

http://www.xs4all.nl/~matrix01/dm9.jpg

hmm not sure i like that as it is...... the gradient looks too even for my liking.... what i need to do is to use a rough brush in photoshop and paint the edges using that so the dust on the road near the edges looks uneven and rough..... just my opinion

btw is there anyway you can edit the tarmac textures? is that what you are doing? i was thinking of making a small addon....
nice updates , looking forward for more
download the dds plugin for photoshop here

http://download.nvidia.com/dev ... lugins_7.83.0629.1500.exe

load dds files like this when the dds dialog pops up.

when you save dds files.. pay attention to the red squares (important settings). anyway the save dialog is very advanced.. i dont know what all these other things do..
Looks freakin awesome. Good job. I'm tired of all this unnatural greeness. Needs more sage brush.
Quote from bw_krupp :Looks freakin awesome. Good job. I'm tired of all this unnatural greeness. Needs more sage brush.

Just so you know, this greeness is all natural for brits. So is for me.

Good job with the sandy road edges trackah!
I kinda agree with Madman that they look damn even, but I am affraid that his suggested rough brush trick would look even more artifical - the characteristic sand edge pattern on the single road DDS would repeat along the road in game - seeing from the driver's perspective the back straight would look especially funny (read: wrong!).
Not to mention the pain in the ass with making the road DDS seamlessly tileable.

(this reminds me of Eric's mad texturing talent, again, by the way )
yeah if i make rough sand types.. it'll probably look to "repeated" along the way..
so maybe smooth sandy edges looks better.. if you drive blackwood with sandy edges it looks great... i dunno about the rough sand idea tho.. i can try.
So after this is released, will someone start on a thunderstorm/ice/winter version? I've seen a winter version for blackwood before, long time ago. Personally, a night w/snow would work well, as the moonlight reflecting off the snow/ice would actually create a good amount of light so you could actually see. maybe a Day Snow and Night Snow version. Then we need an Autumn version with red and yellow leaves everywhere. And a radioactive version with green slime on the track. Actually I'd just be happy with a decent winter version. I like winter. Is it possible to change the ambient temps as well, or change tire temps to match winter conditions? Just a thought. Too bad the cars cant be fitted with a snowball cannon. I miss winter. Fall sucks.
Well, just don't make the sandy edges so big. You will notice many similar textures in games are not so big, and only the sand looks like it comes over onto the racetrack a tiny bit, with a little wavyness to it.

I've tried to find some pics to show you an example:

Light sandy edge:
http://k43.pbase.com/u35/coast ... rge/22902275.P1010091.jpg

Heavy sandy edge:
http://www.mitdemfahrradindieu ... _neu/felix_sandy_road.jpg

And make sure to make the actual track seem kind of washed out by the sand, like in that Laguna Seca pic I posted a while back.... still keep the grey, but make it have a dusty look to it. :up:
i'll see what i can do.. anyway about that winter thing with reflections etc.. if you wanna make it that way u describe that.. u kinda need to program a new LFS engine.. which i cant do.. i will make a snowmod.. but only daytime
-
DesertMod v0.2 Released (trackah123) DELETED by trackah123 : old
thnx for the mirror

btw funny about the votes.. it started really bad.. now it gets even all 3 answers a bit.. equal

DeSeRTMoD FoR LFS
(84 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG