The online racing simulator
League FAQ?
All.

I am new to LFS (I've been driving in FIA GTR for a while) and I am facinated by this online league racing concept. Is there a FAQ somewhere that describes this in more detail? I have several questions that will likely be answered in a FAQ:

1. What are the common race lengths, and how much total time does that typically take up? (Race is 3 hours but you log in a half hour early, etc.)
2. What time are these races typically scheduled?
3. How would I get myself on a team and into a race?
4. How many cars are in a race? (I may need to upgrade my machine - 3 or 4 cars and things get a bit choppy.)

I've read through the Clean Racers Club Race Rules at the LFS Manual. Thanks for any additional info or links. This looks like it will be a lot of fun!
Hmm, a FAQ is a good idea to add to our website, I guess.

1. We have four 6h races, one 12h race and one 24h in a season (typically from Sept. - March). We had an off-season 4h race last year, dunno yet, maybe we'll do one again. It takes as much time as you spend in the car, basically. Last race we required the start drivers to be online an hour early since we tested a new start tool, but that won't be the norm. If you are your team's start driver, you should be on the server 15min early.

2. The 6h races start at noon CET (summertime when applicable). That would be 6h ahead of EST.

3. Well, get yourself known and apply for some teams. Or start your own, sign up that team for LFS GT and after you have raced there, apply for MoE.

4. 17, 18 including the pace car that is there for the first lap of a race. We will increase that number once LfS gives us the possibility.
Quote from meanjeans :All.

I am new to LFS (I've been driving in FIA GTR for a while) and I am facinated by this online league racing concept. Is there a FAQ somewhere that describes this in more detail? I have several questions that will likely be answered in a FAQ:

1. What are the common race lengths, and how much total time does that typically take up? (Race is 3 hours but you log in a half hour early, etc.)
2. What time are these races typically scheduled?
3. How would I get myself on a team and into a race?
4. How many cars are in a race? (I may need to upgrade my machine - 3 or 4 cars and things get a bit choppy.)

I've read through the Clean Racers Club Race Rules at the LFS Manual. Thanks for any additional info or links. This looks like it will be a lot of fun!

1)Common race length is about 1-2 hours, usually 1/2 to 1 hour to qualify.
2)Usually scheduled 20:00 GMT to 23:00 GMT, unless you join an American or Canadian team, and obviously those time would change. But usually late at night/early morning for the majority of users.
3)make a thread saying you want to join, or get to know someone on a team via online racing and go from there.
4)In Demo, you can only have a maximum of 11 cars. In S2, a maximum of 20.
#4 - Davo
Sadly none of this aplies since you're a demo user. You need to be S2 Licenced to race the GTRs.

Jayhawk where did you get your info from? Seems to contradict the whole MoE thing. 1-2 hour races? More like 6-24!
Quote from Davo :Sadly none of this aplies since you're a demo user. You need to be S2 Licenced to race the GTRs.

Jayhawk where did you get your info from? Seems to contradict the whole MoE thing. 1-2 hour races? More like 6-24!

Yeah...I uh, didnt read that this was in the MASTER OF ENDURANCE LEAGUE.

Just disregard what I said a few posts up. Move along, people, nothing to see here.

Quote from Davo :Sadly none of this aplies since you're a demo user. You need to be S2 Licenced to race the GTRs.

I have a license on the way. Purchasing in the US with Paypal takes a few days apparently. I am probably going to start with some shorter races. It didn't register with me earlier that "Masters Of Endurance" meant crazy long races. I have a couple young kids and I don't know when I could possibly carve out 6 hours...

Anyway, thanks for the replies. That should get me going.
Hehe, the point of MoE is endurance. However, that counts for endurance teams, you race our races in teams of 3-4 drivers that split up seat time for the 6h.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG